Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABVFP - Error message

Hi,
    I'm desperate to get a form up and running in a hurry. It's my first attempt at a form and the Organisation the site belongs to, is making Radio & Press announcements that this Form is available on line in about 6 hours time! It's near 3:30am and my eyes are hanging out! I hope someone can look at it for me while I get some sleep.
    The form is for getting Horse Nominations from competitors.
    I have published all the associated pages (form, error and confirmation etc) but have not put the link to the Form yet.

The errror I'm getting is (on ablank page) "I cannot process the form. This is either an illegal form submission or your browser doesn't support cookies".
    I have cookies set as allowed and even made rule to always allow from this site.

Domain is: www.crookwellshow.com.au
    Form Is: www.crookwellshow.com.au/horse_nomination.php
    Error Page: www.crookwellshow.com.au/errorpage_noms.php
    Confirmation Page: www.crookwellshow.com.au/nom_receipt.php

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Regards,
    Rick

Re: ABVFP - Error message

Hi,
    i'm not sure what you have done, but i see some settings in your form that recall to the old deprecated version 1 of ABVFP. I even don't know where you have downloaded it from.

The current version is 2.0 and you can download it at www.dbtechnosystems.com/free_abvfp.php . If you read the included tutorial, you can install the script and setup your form in aprox. 15 minutes.

If there is so much hurry, and have problems installing, require the installation service, and you will have everything up and running in a few minutes.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Now, i went back and looked at my old script (yes, i made that 2 years ago).

The problem seems to be that you have named the hidden field in the form "ndpage.php" whilst it should be simply "ndpage".

Edit, save, republish the form and REFRESH your browser before you test
      Navaldesign
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks George,
        I'll download it fresh. I downloaded in last 36 hrs from off here. I'll have a few hours sleep and start over to correct it. It's a voluntary job too.
        Will let you know how I go.
        Rick

Comment

Just editing the form will have it up and running in two minutes time, then you can download and install the new version whenever you like.
          Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
            Now, i went back and looked at my old script (yes, i made that 2 years ago).

The problem seems to be that you have named the hidden field in the form "ndpage.php" whilst it should be simply "ndpage".

Edit, save, republish the form and REFRESH your browser before you test
            Thanks George,
            I had it fixed within a couple of minutes of your advice on the error! Then I started having troubles with internet connection. Wanted to thak you so much .... now I can go to sleep at 4am.
            Really, really appreaciated.
            Rick

Comment

Naval,
              Further happenings with this form we've discussed above. (Domain and pages are hyperlinked in the opening post)
              I got the page up and running within minutes of your advice as I stated. I downloaded and installed the ABVFP_V2 and applied it to this form. Everything is working out great with the response from the public. The only little hassle I'm having is that the e-mail that provides me (and another person) with the data from the form, is in duplicate. Yes we each receive TWO identicle emails.
              We can live with that little drama as the form is serving a very important function and only has a week more to run. I was asked by the other person if I could correct this but I'm reluctant to interfere / play around with unless I know exactly what is causing it so they won't have any downtime.
              I was wondering if it was because I "added" ABVFP-V2 without removing any of the files from the previous version.
              Since understanding how useful ABVFP is, I'd like to find out / learn from this little problem while it exists.
              Regards,
              Rick

Comment

No, it can't be because you added ABVFP 2.0 I really don't know why, it is the first time it happens, and i can only suppose that it is a server issue(????).
                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                X