got one "no-show" and one weird page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got one "no-show" and one weird page

Hi, just got my site up and I'm very pleased, but I'm having a couple of mysterious (to me anyway!) problems! Site is walkinglibertymocs.com. The index looks good and works fine, but my fitting and ordering page won't show up (I've checked the hyperlinks). The other problem I had was with the shorties page, some of the images wouldn't load the first time around, so I redid the page and republished, which created a really weird blend of both the old and new pages... even when I previewed... so I have deleted the shorties page and will republish later. My main problem is with the fitting page, can't see anything wrong, any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Scott

Re: got one "no-show" and one weird page

are you absolutely certain you have saved the page exactly as you have written the hyperlink - no missing letters, etc?
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Well... I think I'm absolutely certain! By which I mean, the hyperlink in my "go" menu on the index page matches the page name..... is there anything else that could be wrong? I'm getting a little rummy after days of staring at the computer. I also noticed the size of the fitting page in FTP manager is different than my saved file... but that seems to be the case with many of the others....

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by mocmaker View Post
        Well... I think I'm absolutely certain! By which I mean, the hyperlink in my "go" menu on the index page matches the page name..... is there anything else that could be wrong? I'm getting a little rummy after days of staring at the computer. I also noticed the size of the fitting page in FTP manager is different than my saved file... but that seems to be the case with many of the others....

Scott
        have you tried republishing that page?

oh, and BTW, love your product.. saw something like them in Sebastopol ca years ago..
        Liz
        www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Hi Liz, thanks for the compliment. If memory serves that would have been Bald Mountain Moccasins. I don't think they are there any more.

Yes, I republished it but no change. I forgot to mention, there WAS a mismatch in the menu hyperlink and the page name, I thought that was it, so I republished, but that 404 still came up. That was before I asked the question here.

Comment

Hi Liz, thanks for the compliment. If memory serves that would have been Bald Mountain Moccasins. I don't think they are there any more.

Yes, I republished it but no change. I forgot to mention, there WAS a mismatch in the menu hyperlink and the page name, I thought that was it, so I republished, but that 404 still came up. That was before I asked the question here.
            Rats, was hoping that was it.
            The only thing I can think of is to republish the page, and remove and reinsert the hyperlink.. other than that I am stumped, too.

There are some really clever folks here though, so someone will surely come along and have the solution for you. I will be looking forward to that, too.

Yep, it was Bald Mountain, and they have been gone for years.. and missed..
            Liz
            www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Thanks Liz, I will try that, can't think of anything else myself either. Appreciate the suggestions... I think redoing everything might help but it's hard to do right now, we are having a mini blizzard here in Oregon and my satellite dish needs to be cleaned off too often! It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to climb on the roof to do it..... Wouldn't you know it's the fitting and ordering page.... ah well, I guess I don't need the money...... much! Really it was pretty easy and fun using the BlueVoda software, I like it a lot. Will spiff up the site later anyway.

Thanks,
              Scott

Comment

Thanks Liz, I will try that, can't think of anything else myself either. Appreciate the suggestions... I think redoing everything might help but it's hard to do right now, we are having a mini blizzard here in Oregon and my satellite dish needs to be cleaned off too often! It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to climb on the roof to do it..... Wouldn't you know it's the fitting and ordering page.... ah well, I guess I don't need the money...... much! Really it was pretty easy and fun using the BlueVoda software, I like it a lot. Will spiff up the site later anyway.

Thanks,
                Scott
                Shouldn't have to redo the whole page, Scott - it almost has to be a naming or saving error of some sort..
                In any case, Good Luck
                Liz
                www.sebastopolparty.com

Comment

Working...
                X