Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with a simple form

Hi there folks.

This is my first site and i must accept the fact that i`m not an expert in this type of things but i`m really getting desperate to make a simple form work properly (no problems with the rest of the site construction).

I saw the video tutorial several times, i believe that i`m doing everything "by the book" but i can`t overcome this chalange of posting a simple form in my site, which is very frustrating.

Can someone please visit the website and try to find out what is going on?

I`ve spent hours and hours atempting to solve this by myself but i really can`t do it without your support.

When i press the submit button in the "contacts" page, the thank you page never shows - i called this Thank You page "action". Obviously the e-mails never arrive to their destination.

I must say that i`ve copied the code that is in the video tutorial page to the "action.php" page, saved and published. When i open it directelly in the browser by typing www.upgrade.com.pt/action.php, the php code has gone (asked for the page source code and ...no code in there)???

Can some of you visit the site and try to find out what`s going on?

homepage - www.upgrade.com.pt
    contacts page - www.upgrade.com.pt/contacts.html
    thank you page (action) - www.upgrade.com.pt/action.php

Thank you so much for all the help you can give me !!!

Alexandre Freire
    www.upgrade.com.pt

Re: Problems with a simple form

swwratnx-

The php code will not show when you look at the source for the page. Php is a server side language and is not visable by the browser.

The form is your problem though. It seems that you have placed all your text boxes and comments box as well as the submit button - out side the parameters of the form.

To correct- delete the text boxes, comments box and the submit button. Stretch the form box to a size that will accomodate all those fields and then place each on the form. Save, publish and test.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thank you for your answer Andy.

Unfortunantelly, i believe that the problem must have it`s origin in a diferente cause.

All the buttons are placed inside the form area.

I`ll send the files so that you can check what`s wrong with them (both files - contactos and action, will be placed in a zipped attachment).

Hope to ear from you soon.

Alexandre Freire
      Attached Files

Comment

Yes, you do have another problem: you have used a layer, and placed the form on it. Then you added your elements, however the Layer is of primary importance and the elements do NOT belong to the form, but to the layer, that's why Andy said that the elements are outside the form area. In fact, if you look at the code, your form code is:

<div id="bv_" style="position:absolute;left:64px;top:256px;width :564px;height:344px;z-index:18" align="left">
        <form name="Form1" method="POST" action="action.php" enctype="multipart/form-data" id="Form1">
        </form>
        </div>

which means that no elements are in there.

Solution:

Select all form elements, right click, CUT.
        Move the (empty ) form down (at least until it goes outside the Layer limits. Stretch the form down, so when you place it back ti it's position, it will exceed the Layer lower limit.
        Paste back the elements that you cut, INSIDE the form.
        Now move back the entire form in position.
        Save, republish, and refresh before testing
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you so much Navaldesign.

I now solved the problem and my form is working - the layer was actually causing everything.

Maybe you can help me with another issue:

- When i visit the site in my laptop the pages fit perfectelly in the screen but when i open my web page in a diferent PC the images don`t fit so well and i have to scroll up and down, right and left to see the whole content.

Is there any way to avoid this situation making the web pages fit perfectelly in the screen regardeless of the PC that we use to browse?

Hope to ear from you soon.

Kind regards.
          Alexandre Freire

Comment

Hi Ales,

no, BV is a wysiwyg site builder using an absolute coordinates system (divs) to achieve this. So you can't have a dynamically changing width. Youcan try Soho, which has this feature.

As such, whay you see is what you get (though FF will move divs a bit)

The position issue should not exist: in all computers images should appear in the same position.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
            X