PDA

View Full Version : An Open Letter to All New Users

racefan20
12-24-2005, 04:41 AM
Blue Voda is a free website builder, but you must have a PAID Voda Host account to publish with it.
Downloading Blue Voda, opening it and staring blankly at the screen for an hour will NOT get your site built. Posting here after staring blankly at the screen for an hour will NOT get your site built.
Posting questions on the forum is a good idea, but POSTING IN ALL CAPS or starting your thread with the not so original title of "Please Help Me!!!!" will not get you any extra attention.
A continuation of #3: Posting your question and then posting it again because you didn't receive an answer inside of two minutes is not necessary. Posting multiple threads on the same subject is also not necessary and should, in my opinion, be punishable by multiple wet willies and swirlies. (For any of our foreign visitors not familiar with those phrases, you don't want to be familiar with those phrases.)
Blue Voda is a free website builder, but you must have a PAID Voda Host account to publish with it.
When posting your question, please take the time to make sure those of us who don't live inside your head understand what the hell you're talking about. Questions such as "Please help, I have a site and there are lines but no squigglies" are not questions - they are statements. When someone asks you to be more specific, responding with "well, I can't see the squigglies and I need this fixed" isn't going to help much.
When you've posted a question and people have posted back and forth with you to help you find the answer, it is perfectly acceptable to say, THANK YOU! Most of us don't get paid to be here, we just stop by to try to help if we can.
Please read #7 again.
There is a search feature on this forum, please give it a try sometime. Likewise, there is a well kept secret known as Google, which is a search engine where you can type in certain words or phrases and it will find you all kinds of things about those words and phrases from all over the internet. It's a secret, so don't tell anyone, but you can find it here: http://www.google.com/ (http://www.google.com/). They are rewriting the Old Testament to add an 11th Commandment of "Thou Shalt Run a Google Search". (Or words to that effect, they're still working out the details.)
*****, Brad, Sarah and George are good people who work for and run Voda Host and try their best to help. If the answer they provide to your question isn't to your satisfaction, it is not necessary to pick a fight with them. Doing so will not get you any extra help, and you'll anger those of us who have the common sense to appreciate and respect them (although George has lost some respect since ***** revealed that he cheats at Chess. lol).
Watching the tutorials is a good thing!
Expecting us to walk you step by step through building your pages is a bad thing!
Putting together a simple "Coming Soon" page on your new domain is a good thing!
Asking how-to questions about forms, search engines and eCommerce (etc) before you've even attempted to put together a simple "Coming Soon" page is a bad thing!
When a function you've put on your site (link, form, whatever else) doesn't work properly, there is NOTHING wrong with deleting it and trying again rather than first posting here and asking why it doesn't work.
If someone asks you if you have the latest version of Blue Voda and you say, "I think so", you don't.
Emailing me and asking me for help does not help other people on the forum with the same problem.
Last, but not least: Blue Voda is a free website builder, but you must have a PAID Voda Host account to publish with it.
For anyone reading this, I'm very much just joking around and letting a little steam off. Of course your questions are welcome here and the collective group WILL do our best to help you. But, we don't mind one little bit if you do your homework first.

Your homework starts on the following pages:

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/showthread.php?t=665
http://www.vodahost.com/tut1.htm
http://www.vodahost.com/order.htm
http://www.vodahost.com/help.htm

Happy web building, everyone!

Digital Zombie
12-24-2005, 11:52 AM
I love it..LOL!

pet121
12-24-2005, 06:07 PM
I agree and well stated!!! Oh yeah thanks. pet121

Girlonthehill
12-30-2005, 07:56 AM
Well said that man! Read it and weep. Lol. A lot of fun but a lot of really valid points. Thanks.

Sarah
01-04-2006, 10:07 AM
***** should make this a sticky.

websitebuilder
01-04-2006, 10:18 AM
How should I make a website through Blue Voda website builder software? Plz inform me as quick as fast through my email and my email is fmhossain******.com . Have a nice day and take care. Bye.

pet121
01-04-2006, 02:18 PM

I agree make Racefan20 post sticky. He is taking over the forum!!
He is truly a dedicated forum member who does offer help to others whenever possible.

The article is good and true. pet121

racefan20
01-05-2006, 12:23 AM
Thanks, everyone, I'm glad you like it. There is some truth in there, no doubt, but plenty of sarcasm as well and I'm glad it's been taken in the spirit it was intended. (Although I do find it ironic as hell that someone posted on this thread looking for step by step instructions on web building. Must have missed the first post. LOL)

racefan20
02-15-2006, 08:00 AM
We have some new members on board lately, so this may be worth a bump.

KJay_23
02-15-2006, 03:56 PM
Thanks, everyone, I'm glad you like it. There is some truth in there, no doubt, but plenty of sarcasm as well and I'm glad it's been taken in the spirit it was intended. (Although I do find it ironic as hell that someone posted on this thread looking for step by step instructions on web building. Must have missed the first post. LOL)

LOL

I wish you had written this before I started asking questions here... I would have been more hesitant about making an ass of myself! ;)

Kellie

Sarah
02-15-2006, 04:33 PM
I also find the below very useful...

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/general-support-issues/3743-how-ask-assistance.html

Girlonthehill
02-15-2006, 08:31 PM
Bump!

Confused in Dublin
02-15-2006, 08:38 PM
Just one question racefan do i need to have a PAID Voda Host account to publish with it.

Cheers and well said

racefan20
02-15-2006, 11:48 PM
Just one question racefan do i need to have a PAID Voda Host account to publish with it.

Cheers and well said

LMAO

RPW
02-16-2006, 12:09 AM
So a paid Voda Host is necessary then - thanks for confirming !

Given that this was item 1,5,10,15 and 20 on the list I am going to use these numbers in the lottery this week - wish me luck. I need another number so any suggestions? If I win .......

racefan20
02-16-2006, 12:44 AM
RPW Wrote:

Given that this was item 1,5,10,15 and 20 on the list I am going to use these numbers in the lottery this week - wish me luck. I need another number so any suggestions? If I win .......

LOL Add number 11.

Girlonthehill
02-23-2006, 08:06 PM
BUMP. With a reminder to our very welcome new members to try the search function on the forums. So many questions are repeats and simple search would find the answer in no time - quicker than waiting for a member to come along and answer!

navaldesign
02-23-2006, 08:33 PM
BUMP. With a reminder to our very welcome new members to try the search function on the forums. So many questions are repeats and simple search would find the answer in no time - quicker than waiting for a member to come along and answer!

Even "BUMP" can be a search term.

God, this IS the Chit Chat section.

Girlonthehill
03-13-2006, 08:25 AM
We have some new members on board lately, so this may be worth a bump.

Bump! ;o)

Girlonthehill
03-17-2006, 02:44 PM

How about it M? Pleae pretty please.....

racefan20
03-18-2006, 10:31 AM
How about it M? Pleae pretty please.....

And with sugar on top! LOL

navaldesign
03-18-2006, 11:09 AM
And with sugar on top! LOL

Could not agree more!

Axioma
03-18-2006, 05:27 PM
Is it possible to borrow Racefan220 Brain for about 1 hour!? that would be a fast solution to my web problems!! We appreciate all the time and effort you put in for us noobs! All uf u guys

LOVE that letter!

racefan20
03-18-2006, 06:13 PM
Is it possible to borrow Racefan220 Brain for about 1 hour!? that would be a fast solution to my web problems!! We appreciate all the time and effort you put in for us noobs! All uf u guys

LOVE that letter!

Anyone here can help you with your problem, my friend. Just select the appropriate area for it and create a new thread specific to your question.

Girlonthehill
04-10-2006, 07:08 PM
This is a slippery perisher. The thumb tack keeps falling out! ;o)

racefan20
04-25-2006, 06:13 AM
The glue seems to be losing its grip as well. lol

Girlonthehill
04-25-2006, 06:19 AM

LMAO! You beat me to it!

Mariposa
04-26-2006, 01:45 AM
LMAO

So that's why I can't publish.......I need an account.......lol.......

And does everyone in here Google, anyone Yahoo? I love the Yahoo search. Very black and white.

Oh, and I'm not getting much website building while I'm in the forum. However it's handy when I have to publish and fix, publish and fix, etc.

Cindy

Bethers
04-26-2006, 01:49 AM
I prefer Yahoo search to Google search. But that's all preferences and depends on what I'm searching for. Google gets info better - Yahoo finds products better - IMHO.

By the way - can I publish with Blue Voda without an account? <ducking>

Mariposa
04-26-2006, 06:54 AM
Yahoo is the default search engine for my ISP, Netzero. I prefer it simply because I'm used to it. At first it was Google and I didn't want it to change to Yahoo, now that I'm used to Yahoo, I really don't want them to change it again. I guess it's all in what you're used to.

Cindy

racefan20
04-26-2006, 07:01 AM
Yahoo is the default search engine for my ISP, Netzero. I prefer it simply because I'm used to it. At first it was Google and I didn't want it to change to Yahoo, now that I'm used to Yahoo, I really don't want them to change it again. I guess it's all in what you're used to.

Cindy

You should try peoplepc sometime. I've used it and Netzero, and peoplepc won hands down.

Girlonthehill
04-26-2006, 09:54 PM
Need to vent... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHH.

Thanks for listening ;o)

Bethers
04-26-2006, 10:22 PM
Need to vent... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHH.

Thanks for listening ;o)

Any time!

Girlonthehill
04-28-2006, 04:03 AM
Your glue is not very effective, Mister ;o)

racefan20
04-28-2006, 04:04 AM
Your glue is not very effective, Mister ;o)

That's what I get for buying the cheap stuff. LOL

Girlonthehill
04-30-2006, 02:50 AM
That's what I get for buying the cheap stuff. LOL
Hey Colonal!
Had to get that one in! LMAO.

Mariposa
04-30-2006, 01:51 PM
You should try peoplepc sometime. I've used it and Netzero, and peoplepc won hands down.

Hey thanks, RaceFan, I think I might give it a shot.

Girlonthehill
05-02-2006, 03:00 AM
Bump!

racefan20
05-02-2006, 03:08 AM
Thanks, we needed that. lol

Girlonthehill
05-02-2006, 03:09 AM
Thanks, we needed that. lol
Tell me about it! Lol

Girlonthehill
05-02-2006, 03:26 AM
OFFICIAL INTERNAL MEMORANDUM

To: Lt. General ***** Date: Today

Sir, all joking aside, I respectfully request that the original part of this thread be made a 'sticky' and closed. It contains imperative guidance and instruction on how to use this forum which is relevant to all new users of the said forum. It is quite apparant that other, important, information is blatently disregarded by many new recruits and this is an excellent way in which to bring this information to their attention.

Thank you.

racefan20
05-02-2006, 03:36 AM
OFFICIAL INTERNAL MEMORANDUM

To: Lt. General ***** Date: Today

Sir, all joking aside, I respectfully request that the original part of this thread be made a 'sticky' and closed. It contains imperative guidance and instruction on how to use this forum which is relevant to all new users of the said forum. It is quite apparant that other, important, information is blatently disregarded by many new recruits and this is an excellent way in which to bring this information to their attention.

Thank you.

You really need to get out of the house more. LOL

Girlonthehill
05-02-2006, 03:41 AM
You really need to get out of the house more. LOL
Lol.

Girlonthehill
05-06-2006, 01:11 AM
Bump!

racefan20
05-06-2006, 03:36 AM
Bump!

Uh oh, one of those days, huh?

Girlonthehill
05-06-2006, 03:53 AM
Uh oh, one of those days, huh?
Lol! You got it!!

Dubai Girl
05-06-2006, 03:30 PM
Oooops, non of that talk here.Sorry I'll try and post somewhere else!

What a newbie!!!

Looking forward to getting some "rank"

Girlonthehill
05-08-2006, 06:25 PM
Bump!

navaldesign
05-08-2006, 08:01 PM
I'm going to take all you "Bump!" posts off your rank!

LOL!

Girlonthehill
05-08-2006, 08:05 PM
I'm going to take all you "Bump!" posts off your rank!

LOL!
Hi Naval! Lol.

I don't care! Lol. Until VH provides an Officers' Mess with a permanent therapist and a sound-proofed scream room, I will continue to do it as and when the need arises! Lol.

I hope you are well, my friend!

navaldesign
05-08-2006, 08:09 PM
Fine, thanks. Just came home after a hard day. No time at all for beeveeing today. And i have to sign off now. Have a nice evening!

LOL!

Girlonthehill
05-08-2006, 08:10 PM
Fine, thanks. Just came home after a hard day. No time at all for beeveeing today. And i have to sign off now. Have a nice evening!

LOL!
You too!

davidundalicia
05-08-2006, 10:42 PM
bump

Girlonthehill
05-08-2006, 10:46 PM
bump
LMAO!!!

Girlonthehill
05-13-2006, 05:08 AM

BUMP No. 8?

ez-ez
05-15-2006, 05:06 PM
I have a lot to say about this topic.. but I'm still doing some research.. Got all my info and got stuck on one thing.. STILL SEARCHING THE TERM 'BUMP'... I'll be back.

davidundalicia
05-15-2006, 05:58 PM
"bump" simply pushes the thread to the top of the list.......

kassi59
05-15-2006, 07:25 PM
But David I click and click and the thread still stays right where its at? guess Im too old to bump...bwaa haaa...

davidundalicia
05-15-2006, 07:44 PM
if its already at the top, it cant go any where......oopppsss

kassi59
05-15-2006, 07:46 PM
Well thats what you think! must be a younin'!...lol

limebrook1
05-15-2006, 08:43 PM
Come on Vodahost - why not give in and make this a Sticky?? All this bumping is giving me a headache!

racefan20
05-18-2006, 03:47 AM
I am going to BUMP the hell out of this thing until it sticks to the top on its own. LOL

Girlonthehill
05-18-2006, 04:03 AM
I am going to BUMP the hell out of this thing until it sticks to the top on its own. LOL
LMAO!

davidundalicia
05-18-2006, 10:08 AM
bump

kassi59
05-18-2006, 11:25 AM
BUMP!!!!!

Girlonthehill
05-18-2006, 03:58 PM
http://www.girlonthehill.co.uk/tack.jpg
Thought this might help!

kassi59
05-18-2006, 04:06 PM
amanda thats just tacky!....lol

allstarfaces
05-18-2006, 06:28 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz bump
i bet half of you dont even know what you are bumping lol could be rubbish

kassi59
05-18-2006, 07:33 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz bump
i bet half of you dont even know what you are bumping lol could be rubbish
I know you dont remember my little shinning star so Ill refresh your memory:

Downloading Blue Voda, opening it and staring blankly at the screen for an hour will NOT get your site built. Posting here after staring blankly at the screen for an hour will NOT get your site built.
Posting questions on the forum is a good idea, but POSTING IN ALL CAPS or starting your thread with the not so original title of "Please Help Me!!!!" will not get you any extra attention.
A continuation of #3: Posting your question and then posting it again because you didn't receive an answer inside of two minutes is not necessary. Posting multiple threads on the same subject is also not necessary and should, in my opinion, be punishable by multiple wet willies and swirlies. (For any of our foreign visitors not familiar with those phrases, you don't want to be familiar with those phrases.)
When posting your question, please take the time to make sure those of us who don't live inside your head understand what the hell you're talking about. Questions such as "Please help, I have a site and there are lines but no squigglies" are not questions - they are statements. When someone asks you to be more specific, responding with "well, I can't see the squigglies and I need this fixed" isn't going to help much.
When you've posted a question and people have posted back and forth with you to help you find the answer, it is perfectly acceptable to say, THANK YOU! Most of us don't get paid to be here, we just stop by to try to help if we can.
Please read #7 again.
There is a search feature on this forum, please give it a try sometime. Likewise, there is a well kept secret known as Google, which is a search engine where you can type in certain words or phrases and it will find you all kinds of things about those words and phrases from all over the internet. It's a secret, so don't tell anyone, but you can find it here: http://www.google.com/ (http://www.google.com/). They are rewriting the Old Testament to add an 11th Commandment of "Thou Shalt Run a Google Search". (Or words to that effect, they're still working out the details.)
*****, Brad, Sarah and George are good people who work for and run Voda Host and try their best to help. If the answer they provide to your question isn't to your satisfaction, it is not necessary to pick a fight with them. Doing so will not get you any extra help, and you'll anger those of us who have the common sense to appreciate and respect them (although George has lost some respect since ***** revealed that he cheats at Chess. lol).
Expecting us to walk you step by step through building your pages is a bad thing!
Putting together a simple "Coming Soon" page on your new domain is a good thing!
Asking how-to questions about forms, search engines and eCommerce (etc) before you've even attempted to put together a simple "Coming Soon" page is a bad thing!
When a function you've put on your site (link, form, whatever else) doesn't work properly, there is NOTHING wrong with deleting it and trying again rather than first posting here and asking why it doesn't work.
If someone asks you if you have the latest version of Blue Voda and you say, "I think so", you don't.
Emailing me and asking me for help does not help other people on the forum with the same problem.
Last, but not least: Blue Voda is a free website builder, but you must have a PAID Voda Host account to publish with it.
Is that better? now poor Trish doesnt have to bump so hard!..lol

Girlonthehill
05-18-2006, 08:15 PM

Please read #7 again.
Last, but not least: Blue Voda is a free website builder, but you must have a PAID Voda Host account to publish with it.Is that better? now poor Trish doesnt have to bump so hard!..lol

GOOD CALL, KATE!!

kassi59
05-18-2006, 08:26 PM
http://www.girlonthehill.co.uk/tack.jpgaahhhh! A tack!...think it might be used in some way?????
like a sticky? maybe? just a thought...lol

Girlonthehill
05-18-2006, 08:27 PM
http://www.girlonthehill.co.uk/tack.jpgaahhhh! A tack!...think it might be used in some way?????
like a sticky? maybe? just a thought...lol
Kate, you've got it!! What an excellent idea!!!!

kassi59
05-18-2006, 08:29 PM
just a thought...

Girlonthehill
05-18-2006, 09:27 PM
just a thought...
http://www.girlonthehill.co.uk/tack.jpg!

allstarfaces
05-18-2006, 09:33 PM
look admin dont let these people sway you in any way because that wouldnt be profesional and once you give in to one thing then it will be another and another until they ( the lesser mortals) are running the show so please i beg you dont give in to them its a letter and yes quite intelligent in its manner and quite informative true but a letter all the same ......oh unless race gives me the serial number for that anti virus programe he gave me so i can keep it ha ha ha ha ha

Soulhealer
05-18-2006, 09:37 PM
Just want to say hallo and send greetings from Croatia (Europe),
I am new member, so I will first look around...
Keep cool & thx, Soulhealer

allstarfaces
05-18-2006, 09:39 PM
well hi soulhealer how are you i went to croatia for my hols thats me there on the beach in croatia wow small world well have fun my friend

Girlonthehill
05-18-2006, 10:18 PM
look admin dont let these people sway you in any way because that wouldnt be profesional and once you give in to one thing then it will be another and another until they ( the lesser mortals) are running the show so please i beg you dont give in to them its a letter and yes quite intelligent in its manner and quite informative true but a letter all the same ......oh unless race gives me the serial number for that anti virus programe he gave me so i can keep it ha ha ha ha ha
AVAST IS FREE! You don't need a number. Unless you got the super fancy, souped up, 4 litre jobby with alloys......

allstarfaces
05-18-2006, 10:36 PM
the one o got is for 30 days demo ? home edition

racefan20
05-19-2006, 01:15 AM
the one o got is for 30 days demo ? home edition

You should have received an email from them regarding activation. Just follow the steps in there and you're all set - it's totally free.

racefan20
05-19-2006, 05:53 AM

And again. Thank you all for your support. LOL

racefan20
05-19-2006, 07:24 AM
Oops! BUMP!

Girlonthehill
05-19-2006, 09:53 AM
Oops! BUMP!

allstarfaces
05-19-2006, 12:28 PM
oh for goodness sake here have a bump

Girlonthehill
05-19-2006, 04:06 PM

Girlonthehill
05-19-2006, 07:55 PM
Just so it's easy to read from both ends of the thread:

Please read #7 again.

kassi59
05-19-2006, 07:59 PM
Yea!
Dont need no stinkin' sticky!..lol

Girlonthehill
05-19-2006, 09:12 PM
Yea!
Dont need no stinkin' sticky!..lol
LOL. Go girl!

allstarfaces
05-19-2006, 09:14 PM
if i had wrote it would you all be getting so hot under the collar ..... i think not BUT HEY HERES A BUMP

davidundalicia
05-20-2006, 06:45 PM
We are back in play troops..............

Vasili
05-20-2006, 10:24 PM
Back in play? Back in PLAY???? This is more like a battle for me!

With finally noticing what stress has done to me (freaking hair!) as I scramble to finish my online everything, I have slowly become aware of what Beth alluded to earlier....that Voda can be somewhat addictive.

Does that mean somewhere down the road I need to think about a rehab? Is that included in my account????

Girlonthehill
05-21-2006, 12:18 AM
We are back in play troops..............
Yeah, Brad's a good listener and an excellent judge of revolutionery fervour! Lol.

Thanks Brad :o)

Girlonthehill
05-21-2006, 08:01 PM
Sticky request #22! ;o)

Girlonthehill
05-24-2006, 01:50 AM
http://www.girlonthehill.co.uk/tack.jpg Bump!

limebrook1
05-24-2006, 05:52 PM
Bump!

thought I would do my bit!

Girlonthehill
05-26-2006, 10:06 PM
Bump!

thought I would do my bit!
Well done Trish - that wasn't a bad push considering you're all the way over there! http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/images/icons/icon12.gif

vodayoda
05-27-2006, 03:06 AM
LOL! This was hilarious! I guess you all are still sane because you can laugh...at us newbies! Got to go--I have to do a search on "bump"

Vasili
05-27-2006, 03:15 AM

Please read #7 again.
Last, but not least: Blue Voda is a free website builder, but you must have a PAID Voda Host account to publish with it.>>repasted, originally from Kate..............

Thanks, Kate.........your Treatise will make a sticky yet! I believe in ya!

BUMP-BUMPITY-BUMP!

Girlonthehill
05-27-2006, 03:27 AM

Please read #7 again.
Last, but not least: Blue Voda is a free website builder, but you must have a PAID Voda Host account to publish with it.>>repasted, originally from Kate..............

Thanks, Kate.........your Treatise will make a sticky yet! I believe in ya!

BUMP-BUMPITY-BUMP!

It's Racefan20's work. http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/images/icons/icon12.gif

We are merely supporting it and hoping that it will, one day, be made a sticky.

Vasili
05-27-2006, 03:32 AM
Whoops!
Sorry, Genral Race!

(got so confused by his comments about Allstar having kids, I've been cross-eyed the whole day......)

<goto "I'm baaaaack...">

racefan20
05-29-2006, 06:24 AM
Bump, Bump, Bump, Dammit!

Vasili
05-29-2006, 07:49 AM
"Hey, Everyone! Check out General Race doing the Bump!"

<thump>

"Ouch! ....Geez, General! Ya didn't have to chuck the JD bottle!"

Sarah
06-03-2006, 07:49 PM
bump

kassi59
06-03-2006, 08:29 PM
Maybe ***** will make it a "sensored sticky" as for some it would cause an imbarrassment or aprehensive feeling...so if it were a "sensored sticky" like saying "dont read unless you have the guts to know the truth" or You cant handle the truth...then It would stick...lol

kassi59
06-03-2006, 08:30 PM
Hey! theres Sarah!...cool

Girlonthehill
06-03-2006, 08:45 PM
bump
Hi Sarah!

Hmmmmmm...... me smells a new campaign...... LOL

davidundalicia
06-03-2006, 11:38 PM
I wanna do the bump with Sarah..........

Girlonthehill
06-05-2006, 06:01 PM
Aaarrrggghhh! (Vent)

BUMP!

Vasili
06-06-2006, 05:51 AM
Bumping to the groove.

Girlonthehill
06-08-2006, 04:13 AM
Deep breath..... BUMP.

Vasili
06-09-2006, 04:19 AM
Wow!.....there's nothing like watching a Pro!

<bit 'o bump!>

circuspet.com
06-11-2006, 05:28 AM
Say Race, shouldn't you be reinforcing your tail gate for the summer season?

Vasili
06-11-2006, 06:26 AM
What does that mean? Adding a few extra credit cards to the wallet?

<bump>

circuspet.com
06-11-2006, 06:36 AM
I finally got my site editing for today finished. I still have a lot to do but all the pages are starting to look the same. Sounds like a good time to go shave. Maybe that old man that keeps staring at me will be cute and young. Thanks Brad for the window washing download.

VodaHost
06-11-2006, 06:55 AM
Sorry, race but I had to ban our little vodka friend for acting like a complete Muppet with foul language. This forum gets frequented by people of all ages and values, foul language of any type even in joking is unacceptable.

racefan20
06-11-2006, 07:02 AM
Sorry, race but I had to ban our little vodka friend.

I'm really sorry to hear that, *****. I may not be able to sleep tonight. LOL

racefan20
06-11-2006, 07:10 AM
Yeah...he was acting like a complete muppet.

I have no doubt that I'll regret asking but..... muppet? Which one? LOL

Vasili
06-11-2006, 07:30 AM
I wanna do the bump with Sarah..........

I'm sorry Dave...I don't think you were heard!

<she'd probably knock you into the water anyway!>

.......and I am sorry Generals, but I missed that one. All I could pick up was a visual of Cookie Monster.....

Girlonthehill
06-11-2006, 07:34 AM
I have no doubt that I'll regret asking but..... muppet? Which one? LOL
Guess....?

http://girlonthehill.co.uk/animal.jpg

racefan20
06-11-2006, 07:40 AM
I'm sorry Dave...I don't think you were heard!

<she'd probably knock you into the water anyway!>

.......and I am sorry Generals, but I missed that one. All I could pick up was a visual of Cookie Monster.....

You didn't miss much, really. One of our friends from Down Under stopped by to wish us all the best. I thought it was real nice. LMAO

Vasili
06-11-2006, 07:42 AM
CHRIST, Amanda! It looks like me heading to the coffee pot in the morning!!!

Which muppet is THIS one???

(I am praying you are inferring it was the brook that has been dribbling over everyone recently...)
This is the second one I have taken issue with...maybe because I am so keen to spot cons and thieves, being in the jewelry business. Like the other guy who was always looking to download contact technologies for free being from Nigeria/Lagos/Congo - where all of the credit card scams originate from nowadays, especially on everything from Vonage/deaf tele*net/skype, etc...can't trace 'em....he was looking to get anything to collect emails, names, cards, anything of use....even game scripts to identify PC IP's.....gotta be careful....at least I do! I am good, but even I got stung for $35,000 last year on a very VERY soophisticated deal....even the FBI said it was really clever....

Vasili
06-11-2006, 07:46 AM
You didn't miss much, really. One of our friends from Down Under stopped by to wish us all the best. I thought it was real nice.
Freaking boomerangs work for us too, eh?

Far Out. I'll have to remember that next time I go to Outback.....

Oh....and Dave? I hear Sarah likes the Tango......

racefan20
06-11-2006, 07:56 AM
Guess....?

http://girlonthehill.co.uk/animal.jpg

LOL Seems likely.

VodaHost
06-11-2006, 09:00 AM
more like....

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/avatars/bionborg.gif

racefan20
06-11-2006, 09:09 AM
more like....

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/avatars/bionborg.gif http://www.daysofblunder.com/intro.gif

Works for me! LOL

Vasili
06-11-2006, 09:40 AM
more like....

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/avatars/bionborg.gif

UhHmmm...excuse me! Where did you find the pix of me reacting to the instructions my doctor gave me last visit????????

<embarrassing to admit!>

racefan20
06-11-2006, 10:01 AM
UhHmmm...excuse me! Where did you find the pix of me reacting to the instructions my doctor gave me last visit????????

<embarrassing to admit!>

Hearing that glove snap on the wrist will sure take the pucker factor to a new high, won't it?

Vasili
06-11-2006, 10:04 AM
Hear that 'cross country, General....hear it once, never forget it....

<how such meely men wield such terror.....freaking Frankensteins, they are!>

*finally figured out that freakish puzzle you slipped in as a Mickey.....note that everthing is a sum/factor of 9/18, etc....same symbol on those sums, random shuffle of signs around them.... HA! Take that! --getting you back for bonking me with the JD bottle.....

racefan20
06-11-2006, 10:10 AM
Hear that 'cross country, General....hear it once, never forget it....

<how such meely men wield such terror.....freaking Frankensteins, they are!>

*finally figured out that freakish puzzle you slipped in as a Mickey.....note that everthing is a sum/factor of 9/18, etc....same symbol on those sums, random shuffle of signs around them.... HA! Take that! --getting you back for bonking me with the JD bottle.....

I posted the solution to that a little later in the thread. LOL

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program...

Please read #7 again.

Vasili
06-11-2006, 10:11 AM
i can never win.......

,bump

racefan20
06-11-2006, 10:20 AM
i can never win.......

,bump

BS, I'm impressed you figured it out on your own. Johnny, tell him what he's won!

"Vasili, take a walk over here and look at this beeeautiful prize we have just for you!"

http://www.daysofblunder.com/Computer_skull.gif http://www.daysofblunder.com/intro.gif

Vasili
06-11-2006, 10:25 AM
Great!
It's either a midget spammer in a box, or a half-empty bottle of JD...with backwash bubbles....

You're KILLING me, General......

racefan20
06-11-2006, 10:35 AM
Great!
It's either a midget spammer in a box, or a half-empty bottle of JD...with backwash bubbles....

You're KILLING me, General......

Doubt, doubt doubt... dang. Okay, here's a real prize just for you - click here (http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/)

Vasili
06-11-2006, 11:07 AM
I give up. I really do.
"I'll have what the General's having....better yet, make it double!"

Anything to forget what happened to me after I clicked that last link.....I hope whatever happened isn't permanent...
What is everybody staring at???

oh....right....<bump>

Vasili
06-12-2006, 07:07 PM
Just have to do a little..... <bump>

JaanEST
06-12-2006, 10:15 PM
:o :o i can't set up my site then... i'm to young for paying because this pay pal thingy don't let add my card to there and i have to pay... :( dang... but if you don't know that this site is made by this Voda thingy ( i will remove those <meta=blabla> things) so... this is wierd 0o

Vasili
06-12-2006, 10:44 PM
Jaan,
Please post issues or comments in the appropriate thread or Forum so we can properly address them for you.
Yes...to publish a website created using the Blue Voda website builder, you must have a paid account with VodaHost. You can always find a manner for which to pay for your account, but there is no way around this fact.

(Your BV created website cannot be altered to publish elsewhere. Don't waste time - or unecessary posts - trying to do the impossible. Spend you energy on making your website awesome, and once you get a VodaHost account, you can publish it with pride.)

JaanEST
06-12-2006, 10:56 PM
am... okay ^^,

Vasili
06-12-2006, 11:08 PM
See, General? Your letter DOES work!

<bump>

Girlonthehill
06-21-2006, 10:19 AM
Bump!

kassi59
06-21-2006, 06:03 PM
BURP!
I MEAN BUMP!.....

Please read #7 again.

greyhame
06-22-2006, 01:20 PM
While it is true you need a Vodahost account to "publish", Blue Voda can still be used to create a site with another webhost by previewing your pages in IE then saving as a webpage which can then be uploaded to your webhost. You need to be sure to upload all the other files necessary to get it to work properly.

davidundalicia
06-22-2006, 01:45 PM
Not strictly true....there are certain items that Will NOT work.

Mihir
06-29-2006, 03:21 AM
Thank you for this help!

Vasili
06-29-2006, 05:11 AM
<quietly BUMPING>

Please read #7 again.
Last, but not least: Blue Voda is a free website builder, but you must have a PAID Voda Host account to publish with it.as originally penned by our esteemed General RaceFan20.....

Girlonthehill
07-02-2006, 08:54 AM
Not so quietly BUMPING! http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/images/icons/icon12.gif

racefan20
07-07-2006, 05:55 AM
Bump!

racefan20
07-11-2006, 02:46 AM
I think I'll go ahead and make a BUMP now, looks like we're gonna need it. LOL

bassmomma
07-11-2006, 03:36 AM
I needed a little comic relief---thanks for being so user friendly!

racefan20
07-11-2006, 03:38 AM
Happy to be of assistance. LOL