This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Open Letter to All New Users

1. Blue Voda is a free website builder, but you must have a PAID Voda Host account to publish with it.
    2. Downloading Blue Voda, opening it and staring blankly at the screen for an hour will NOT get your site built. Posting here after staring blankly at the screen for an hour will NOT get your site built.
    3. Posting questions on the forum is a good idea, but POSTING IN ALL CAPS or starting your thread with the not so original title of "Please Help Me!!!!" will not get you any extra attention.
    4. A continuation of #3: Posting your question and then posting it again because you didn't receive an answer inside of two minutes is not necessary. Posting multiple threads on the same subject is also not necessary and should, in my opinion, be punishable by multiple wet willies and swirlies. (For any of our foreign visitors not familiar with those phrases, you don't want to be familiar with those phrases.)
    5. Blue Voda is a free website builder, but you must have a PAID Voda Host account to publish with it.
    6. When posting your question, please take the time to make sure those of us who don't live inside your head understand what the hell you're talking about. Questions such as "Please help, I have a site and there are lines but no squigglies" are not questions - they are statements. When someone asks you to be more specific, responding with "well, I can't see the squigglies and I need this fixed" isn't going to help much.
    7. When you've posted a question and people have posted back and forth with you to help you find the answer, it is perfectly acceptable to say, THANK YOU! Most of us don't get paid to be here, we just stop by to try to help if we can.
    8. Please read #7 again.
    9. There is a search feature on this forum, please give it a try sometime. Likewise, there is a well kept secret known as Google, which is a search engine where you can type in certain words or phrases and it will find you all kinds of things about those words and phrases from all over the internet. It's a secret, so don't tell anyone, but you can find it here: http://www.google.com/. They are rewriting the Old Testament to add an 11th Commandment of "Thou Shalt Run a Google Search". (Or words to that effect, they're still working out the details.)
    10. Blue Voda is a free website builder, but you must have a PAID Voda Host account to publish with it.
    11. *****, Brad, Sarah and George are good people who work for and run Voda Host and try their best to help. If the answer they provide to your question isn't to your satisfaction, it is not necessary to pick a fight with them. Doing so will not get you any extra help, and you'll anger those of us who have the common sense to appreciate and respect them (although George has lost some respect since ***** revealed that he cheats at Chess. lol).
    12. Watching the tutorials is a good thing!
    13. Expecting us to walk you step by step through building your pages is a bad thing!
    14. Putting together a simple "Coming Soon" page on your new domain is a good thing!
    15. Blue Voda is a free website builder, but you must have a PAID Voda Host account to publish with it.
    16. Asking how-to questions about forms, search engines and eCommerce (etc) before you've even attempted to put together a simple "Coming Soon" page is a bad thing!
    17. When a function you've put on your site (link, form, whatever else) doesn't work properly, there is NOTHING wrong with deleting it and trying again rather than first posting here and asking why it doesn't work.
    18. If someone asks you if you have the latest version of Blue Voda and you say, "I think so", you don't.
    19. Emailing me and asking me for help does not help other people on the forum with the same problem.
    20. Last, but not least: Blue Voda is a free website builder, but you must have a PAID Voda Host account to publish with it.
    For anyone reading this, I'm very much just joking around and letting a little steam off. Of course your questions are welcome here and the collective group WILL do our best to help you. But, we don't mind one little bit if you do your homework first.

Your homework starts on the following pages:

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/showthread.php?t=665
    http://www.vodahost.com/tut1.htm
    http://www.vodahost.com/order.htm
    http://www.vodahost.com/help.htm

Happy web building, everyone!
    My NASCAR Forum

Re: An Open Letter to All New Users

I love it..LOL!

Comment

I agree and well stated!!! Oh yeah thanks. pet121

Comment

Well said that man! Read it and weep. Lol. A lot of fun but a lot of really valid points. Thanks.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

***** should make this a sticky.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

How should I make a website through Blue Voda website builder software? Plz inform me as quick as fast through my email and my email is fmhossain******.com . Have a nice day and take care. Bye.
            [Fayez Mohammed Hossain]

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah
              ***** should make this a sticky.

I agree make Racefan20 post sticky. He is taking over the forum!!
              He is truly a dedicated forum member who does offer help to others whenever possible.

The article is good and true. pet121

Comment

Thanks, everyone, I'm glad you like it. There is some truth in there, no doubt, but plenty of sarcasm as well and I'm glad it's been taken in the spirit it was intended. (Although I do find it ironic as hell that someone posted on this thread looking for step by step instructions on web building. Must have missed the first post. LOL)
                My NASCAR Forum

Comment

We have some new members on board lately, so this may be worth a bump.
                  My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Originally posted by racefan20
                    Thanks, everyone, I'm glad you like it. There is some truth in there, no doubt, but plenty of sarcasm as well and I'm glad it's been taken in the spirit it was intended. (Although I do find it ironic as hell that someone posted on this thread looking for step by step instructions on web building. Must have missed the first post. LOL)
                    LOL

I wish you had written this before I started asking questions here... I would have been more hesitant about making an ass of myself! ;)

Kellie
                    Kellie

Cozy Cabin Candles and Crafts
                    http://www.ccabincandles.com

Comment

I also find the below very useful...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Bump!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Just one question racefan do i need to have a PAID Voda Host account to publish with it.

Cheers and well said

Comment

Originally posted by Confused in Dublin
                            Just one question racefan do i need to have a PAID Voda Host account to publish with it.

Cheers and well said
                            LMAO
                            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

So a paid Voda Host is necessary then - thanks for confirming !

Given that this was item 1,5,10,15 and 20 on the list I am going to use these numbers in the lottery this week - wish me luck. I need another number so any suggestions? If I win .......

Comment

Working...
                              X