OS Commerce Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OS Commerce Question.

I,ve been running an ebay store for a few years. I now want to open a website to sell my products outside ebay. I have aprox 800 different products with different ship rates. Flat rate and calculated by location rate. I also sell world wide.Trying to make a discission on what os commerce shop cart would be best. BV or Soholaunch. I,m a newbie at creating a website. From what i see, it looks like get a shopping cart first and enter my products, then create the home page etc. I heard the BV shop cart would be better as there is more options. I was looking at the free BV os commerce templates. Does that have the shop cart and home page can be made by duplicating the template. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Been stuck in a holding pattern getting started for quite a while.
    Thanks avecchio

Re: OS Commerce Question.

Well first of all, Oscommerce, bv, and soholaunch are three different entities.

-Oscommerce is an opensource STORE builder
    -Soholaunch is a Premium STORE builder that comes with your hosting account (1 license) free
    -BV is a WEBSITE builder

You may have looked at FREE oscommerce templates on the Vodahost site, but they are NOT BV

Storebuilders are catalog generated and make it easy to upload and display large quantities of products, and display them different ways as they are stored in a database and can be called dynamically for different views, displays and options.

Soho launch is limited in the shipping area, however, they have improved and now have several addons for shipping methods, but i dont know that you could SPLIT the shipping rules, unless some products you put shipping on the actual product, and told it not to add the shipping charges at check out.

Oscommerce does allow more options in this area, and i think more than one prices set so that you could assign a shipping rule to each price set..etc.

BV will build your site, but you will also have to build the product pages and then ADD a cut and paste cart ie: ADDON Cart. These would include, paypal, Cart Manager, and Mal's Ecommerce, the paid versions of the last two allow for more customization without knowing alot of programming or having to tweak much.

Hope this helps. By the way.. none of those templates are interchangeable with the other.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: OS Commerce Question.

Thanks for the info Karen. I think my best bet is to go with an OS commerce website as i plan on having over 1000 products to be sold world wide.
      Thanks Angelo V.

Comment

Working...
      X