Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multiple currencies?

Hi there all,

Just wondering if you could help me with applying multiple currencies to my soho store. Just begun creating it and have read in the soho forum that it does accomodate this function but for the life of me, I can't seem to find any information on how to do this. I have looked at the soho add-ons site to see if somethings offered there and have checked through the manual.

Can anyone please help. Have I totally missed where it might be located within the soho main menu?

At present I just have a link on the home page to open up an xe.com personal currency assistant.

Thanks in advance, Mandy

Re: multiple currencies?

Mandy

I think by multiple currency you are talking about two different things. You are talking about allowing a customer to pick and choose their currency in method of payments, and they are talking about the ability to set up the store for a number of different currencies, but NOT all at once. What you are describing is a called a PRICE SET. I believe you can only set up soho for one price set.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Karen, thankyou kindly for your response. yes I guess my Q was a bit open ended. What I'm wanting to achieve is a currency converter integrated into my site so as customers can choose their appropriate currency from say a drop down menu as featured on other retail sites, which will of course flow through to checkout. I have found html to integrate a currency converter to site but it wont follow through at checkout, as you have to set the one price in soho as you mentioned. Does Oscommerce or Mals e (?) feature this?

As business will be global I really would like this feature for customer ease and confidence. What do you recommend...shld I initiate trading in AUD with a link to xe.com (in a floating pop up window) for customers to determine the product price/total of order in their currency? - I will be processing orders manually offline once shipping charges are ascertained -do you think this would work satisfactorily or shld I source a cart that gives the customer the option of changing the currency to suit?
      Your a seasoned hand...so advice wld be much appreciated.

Thanks so much Karen,

Mandy

Comment

Hi Karen, thankyou kindly for your response.

What I'm wanting to achieve is a currency 'converter' integrated into my site so as customers can choose their appropriate currency from say a drop down menu as featured on other retail sites, which will of course flow through to checkout. Does Oscommerce or Mals ecommerce (?) offer this?

As business will be global I really would like this feature for customer ease and confidence. What do you recommend...shld I initiate trading in AUD with a link to xe.com (in a floating pop up window) for customers to determine the product price/total of order in their currency? - I will be processing orders manually offline once shipping charges are ascertained -do you think this would work satisfactorily or shld I source a cart that gives the customer the option of changing the currency to suit?
        Your a seasoned hand...so advice wld be much appreciated.

Thanks so much Karen,

Mandy

Comment

Mandy

Depends on who is your merchant bank with. I deal USD, and when i have purchased, even in AUD, paypal converted my dollar, and i believe when you use visa or mastercard they do the same, if your accts are .. international or can be used internationally etc... check with your carrier to see what they allow.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Karen :)

Have just spent some time looking at Oscommerce, and they feature what I'm looking for. The customer is able to choose their currency (as more than one price set can be configured) and they can even choose their own language to view.

Exactly what's required! Will have a play with oscommerce.

Comment

Hi Mandy,

I'm also looking for currency conversion option on my website. Can you please explain me how to do that with oscommerce. FYI, I'm new to website building.

Please let me know.

Comment

Working...
              X