Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Email form when receiced is saying it has come from the receiver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email form when receiced is saying it has come from the receiver?

On my form on the LH side of this page http://www.villagebrideswholesale.co.uk/contact_us.html

When people make enquiries it goes direct to my client's email address. However , the 'from' field also has my client's email address in it to, so if she was to reply to the email it comes back to her?????

Any ideas what I have done wrong?
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Re: Email form when receiced is saying it has come from the receiver?

i have this sort of thing too, i just assumed cause no where in my form did i ask for an e-mail address or make any of the fields "e-mail" that it was spose to happen this way.

i just tested your form, and it submitted without a valid e-mail

maybe that field is not label e-mail

is this right?

i dont know marincky, hope someone who knows answers you cause i would like to know to

good luck

jase

Comment

Are you both using the form in blue voda or Navals?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I'm using the BV one. I have used Navals, he has done a few for me but this one didn't warrant it at the moment. But Holly I have made about 30 of these before and never had this problem so it has to be something really stupid and obvious that I have done as an error but damned if I can see it!
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

I hear that, hey, these forms are "beasts" to me too .. but did you make a confirmation page with the code in it???

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post
            I hear that, hey, these forms are "beasts" to me too .. but did you make a confirmation page with the code in it???
            Yep, made a page action.php and put the code in.

The emails work ok, my client does get them but in the 'From' field it has HER email address, so if she were to reply it would go back to her?

But luckily I included an email address field so I told her for now just copy that from the email and paste it into the reply to field when she replies to them.

Comment

hmmm ... well I am not the best to help you as far as figuring out what is wrong, nope, but I could send you how I do it and maybe you can figure out what is wrong from there, lol ... too much to put here .. and the offer is for either of you ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

hmmm ... well I am not the best to help you as far as figuring out what is wrong, nope, but I could send you how I do it and maybe you can figure out what is wrong from there, lol ... too much to put here .. and the offer is for either of you ..
                Thank you. I'll hold on the very kind offer for now, only because I am sure I can do them as I have done so many, I just have to go back I guess and start it again and just hope whatever error I made I don't do again. If I have made an error it will only be accidental rather than not understanding the workings of it... Maybe George will come online soon and check it out... I haven't seen him all day, I have him on MSN so I will try to catch him.

But once again thank you for the offer, much appreciated.

Comment

yes, Naval likely knows the answer even if he is sleeping right now, lol and shouldn't even say likely, he does ..
                  :)

I am thinking you should be seeing something like this somewhere in your code .. maybe you changed that??

$mailhead = "From: $email\n";

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

yes, Naval likely knows the answer even if he is sleeping right now, lol and shouldn't even say likely, he does ..
                    :)

I am thinking you should be seeing something like this somewhere in your code .. maybe you changed that??

Sleeping? and there he was telling me all week he was in shipyard meetings!

This is my code: Taken out the email though...

<?PHP
                    $mailto = "sales@**removed**.co.uk";
                    $email = $HTTP_POST_VARS['email'];
                    if ($email == "") {
                    $email = $mailto;
                    }
                    $mailsubj = "Stockist Enquiry from Village Brides Wholesale Website";
                    reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);
                    $mailbody = "Values submitted from web site form :\n";
                    while (list ($key, $val) = each ($HTTP_POST_VARS))
                    {
                    if ($key!="submit")
                    {
                    $mailbody .= "$key : $val\n";
                    }
                    }
                    mail($mailto, $mailsubj, $mailbody, $mailhead);
                    ?>

Comment

Re-name your form "email" field. Sometimes, for strange reasons, the filed seems named correctly (email) but is not.
                      Save and republish. let us know
                      Navaldesign
                      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign View Post
                        Re-name your form "email" field. Sometimes, for strange reasons, the filed seems named correctly (email) but is not.
                        Save and republish. let us know
                        I knew you would save the day! Yep, although it was named 'email' for some reason it wasn't recognising it as such.. All appears to work 100% fine now.

Many Thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X