Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Groovy Gear totes website--reviews appreciated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groovy Gear totes website--reviews appreciated!

www.groovy-gear.com

Hi Everyone,

I've been putting this website together for the past month or two and have really appreciated these forums and tutorials. This process has been MUCH easier than a previous hosting company (whom shall remain nameless).

One of the most helpful, yet confusing at first, things I did was change the pages from .html to .php so I could change the look of all the pages and keep them uniform by simply changing the main BV page, not even a template). Hope that's not too confusing.

My next goal is to figure out how to best incorporate discounts/coupon codes when people order the custom tote bags. I'd like to be able to send out monthly emails to the subscribers that feature a discount for things ordered, but haven't figured out the best way to do that with Paypal. Any suggestions?

Also, where can I find help on creating/maintaining a database connected to the website? One that will allow someone to enter a name and comment, and that gets emailed to the name that was enterred?

Finally, any tips on including a calendar of events for people who have logged onto a website? Just thinking about a possibility for a future website.

Thanks!
    Amy

www.groovy-gear.com

Re: Groovy Gear totes website--reviews appreciated!

Amy,
    You have a good start. At the top of your home page the MORE! is covered on the bottom with your header. You have a bunch of the pages named the same, on the tab at the top of the pages they say the same thing. I tried to click on the black text below the top pics, they look like they should be links. The arrows have the same effect on an aged enhanced person. Maybe attach the text to the pics at the top, (expand the color and move the text on the color). If you are doing all the work on those items too, you are quite talented. You have the hardest part done, starting and publishing, now it's just the tweeking. Good luck!!
    Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Hi Mike,
      Thanks for the pointers. I've changed the homepage to have a wider orange bar that will incorporate the titles of the pictures. I haven't been able to figure out how to make those titles into hyperlinks since they are the captions included in the "GALLERY" tool in BV.

Anyone have any recommendations? I'd hate to have to try to line up a text box under the picture and have it crooked in certain browsers....

Thanks for the feedback!
      Amy
      ps--yes, it has been fun sewing all these things for the recent baby boom amongst my friends and me, that's part of the reason behind the website.... now the challenge is trying to divide up the time between the sewing and the typing.... :)
      Last edited by amyv; 01-31-2008, 12:03 AM. Reason: grammar error

Comment

Hi Amy,

I think you should make your page smaller. There´s lot´s of white space at the end of your page, just after ´© 2007 Groovy-Gear made by amy´

Cheers,
        N Z B R
        t o u r s
        New Zealand Tours
        Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
        Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
        Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
        Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

Working...
        X