Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why wont my header show?

Hello all, I need some help please.

I use a program called the Web Graphics Creator to make my buttons, ecovers, headers, logos, etc... Pretty decent program. My problem is:

I just published a page that has an ecover, a button, and a header on it. Everything shows but the header. The ecover is a jpeg and so is the header. But the header wont show while the ecover does. This happens with every header i make. I thought it might be the graphics program so I tried to upload the header to a page on googles page maker that i sometimes use. It shows there.

Basically when I put a header on my bluevoda webpage builder page that i built using my graphics program, when published, instead of the header, there's just an empty box with an x in the upper left hand corner. I cant figure this one out.

Richard

Re: Why wont my header show?

Have you published a page so we can look at it? And where is the image residing? You haven't moved it from the time you place it on the page to when you publish, have you?
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

The page is www.whatsthebizidea.com and its still under construction. the empty box at the top is where the header should be. It is when i publish the page. that ecover you see is a sample because i havent made the real one yet. But the same program created the ecover too, and it shows. Where is is residing? What do you mean? I just put the jpeg header and other images on the page and hit publish. Thats all i do and the ecover and button shows, but not the header/logo

Comment

Hi, it quite possible the name of the image file is not being recognized.
        IE: http://www.whatsthebizidea.com/#4%20test.gif
        Try renaming & replacing the image file as just test & republish. Its possible its not picking up on the #4% part of the link.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

1) remove the header.
          2) rename it...this will confuse your computer.
          3) re-insert the newly named header as instructed in the tutorial
          4) re-publish.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks guys. I have renamed it. Saved the page before I published it, then published. It worked. Good thing too, I am quite proud of this header. Thanks again.

Richard

Comment

Remember to keep all spaces out of image names - I'm betting that was your problem :)
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
              X