Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

having a 'contact us' form on every page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• having a 'contact us' form on every page?

Hi :)

Do you see any negatives in having a 'contact us' form on every page of your website?

The site consists of about 30 pages & is partly geared towards kids. Having a contact form on each page is to make it user-friendly for them.

Also - I've used the basic form (as outlined in tutorial Forms 1) - is that safe for people to send their email addresses through if I include the 'no cache' line in the html of every page?

thanks for any thoughts

sunchaser

Re: having a 'contact us' form on every page?

Originally posted by Sunchaser View Post

Do you see any negatives in having a 'contact us' form on every page of your website?

The site consists of about 30 pages & is partly geared towards kids. Having a contact form on each page is to make it user-friendly for them.

Also - I've used the basic form (as outlined in tutorial Forms 1) - is that safe for people to send their email addresses through if I include the 'no cache' line in the html of every page?

thanks for any thoughts

sunchaser
    Rather than having a form on 30 pages, why don't you have a nice 'child friendly' big button on every page that say's 'contact me' or 'email me' or similar?
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

I agree with Marincky...
      Having a contact form on every page wouldnt look good.. Plus take up unnecessary room on the page which could be filled with something fun and shiny. As Marincky suggested.. A button linking to it would be effective enough!

Good luck!

Comment

To answer your other question, the fact your page has no-cache set has no bearing on the safety of your contact form.

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Originally posted by Sunchaser View Post

Not in itself, but the presentation has to be good enough not to become a drag for your visitor. One of my sites has 'contact us' form on every page.

Comment

Thanks for all replies.
            'Twas a school holiday project with the kids that quickly became unwieldy. Though the contact form is tucked away on the side and is unobstrusive, I think a 'shiny button' may be in order.

Watdaflip - there was something in the BV info about having 'no-cache' set would prevent email addresses from being harvested or somesuch? I admit to not having read it in detail.

thanks again
            sunchaser

Comment

I am not sure where you read that, but setting your web pages up to not cache has will not effect the security of your form. All no-caching does is forces your users browser to load the full contents of your website each and every time they visit. If caching is enabled it will save a copy so it doesn't have to reload everything, which increases the speed. It won't effect the security of prevent your email from being harvested.

Register/Login Script
              Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
              X