PDA

View Full Version : Please check

David Marshall
01-31-2008, 10:03 AM
Hi, I am ow ading tags to my web sites.

could someone just confirm that this is correct as an example of what I am doing, i don't want to get going and find out I have done it wrong across a whole site!! thanks

dave

<h1><font style="font-size:19px" color="#00005E" face="Arial">Help building confidence and self esteem using hypnosis and NLP</font></h1>

karel
01-31-2008, 07:27 PM
That's fine David, Not sure on the importance of tags today for the search engines as it is always changing, but I was taught to use h1 for headings, h2 for smaller, say section/ paragraph headings.

David Marshall
01-31-2008, 11:16 PM
not sure either but all helps, hopefully.

I would be good to know of sure, it sure takes time to go through the pages

thanks for the answer

dave

Bethers
02-01-2008, 12:29 AM
You did it right, however, I don't think what you put IN the h1 is of value. It doesn't look or sound like a headline and I'm curious if you did research to find out if that's how people are searching? Using Help building confidence? Without doing the research myself - I'd thing the following would be better:
Build Confidence | Self Esteem - with Hypnosis - NLP

In other words, shorten it up, use the terms/phrases people are using to search with - and get rid of as many or all extraneous terms.

David Marshall
02-05-2008, 11:18 AM
yes i thought of your post on the subject as I was working through the, and am changing them in line with what you say.

thanks for the advice as ever,

cheers

dave