I could use some advice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I could use some advice!

Hi, I am up and running, so I can't complain too much! My site is www.walkinglibertymocs.com. I do have a few issues so I'd be glad to hear what you think about the site, and if you have any advice about the problem below, even better.

Here's what's happening right now: I started out using the lightbox since I thought it was a cool effect, but now I've changed my mind and decided to put fewer pictures on some of the pages and use the gallery instead, it makes the pages load a lot faster. I have redone all the pages here on my computer, and they preview fine, but I haven't implemented all these changes yet, because I immediately ran into a problem with my "shorties" page, which now displays all the images that have ever been on it all at once... it's a mess. I don't want the other pages to look like that, so I'm waiting until I can figure out (or someone tells me) why this is happening! I'm afraid I may have to delete most of the files I have on the server and republish nearly everything. If so, I'll wait till the middle of the night sometime, I guess!

Anyway, I'd welcome any suggestions, thanks!

Scott

Re: I could use some advice!

Scott, Do you have a few "layers" of pictures on your BV builder page for "shorties?" I would move all the pictures over to the side to see how many have stacked up until you are able to see the grid (signifying the very, very back of the page). Hope this helps!

Comment

Without being able to see the page, I can't really answer. It sounds like you might somehow have both the images on the page - one might be behind the other. I don't know how big this page is, but you might want to rebuild it and delete the one you have.

Otherwise, putting what you have now "to back" and see if you have the lightbox images still there - and delete them.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks ladies, the problem was, I had missed a frame for a gallery that I had forgotten to delete... guess I missed seeing the little green handles. Anyway, I got that fixed and am now free to lurch toward my next rendezvous with density.... much obliged!

Scott

Comment

the only problem that i see is when you go to shorties, you do not have any link to anywhere else. i would copy and paste your navigation that you have on the home page on each page.
          mrmagoo144
          www.videopostcards.info
          mrmagoo144
          www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Glad you found it - it's really pesty when we forget to delete something - cuz even if it's "empty" it messes everything up. ;)
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
            X