Displaying other pages within a page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displaying other pages within a page

I want to open other pages from my menu links and open them within my home page. An example of this may be found at www.thekingschurch.net. I believe that site was built in Word Press but This is for an add on domain and I want to continue to use my own templates and do it in Blue Voda.

Can someone guide me to how this can be done? Thank you!

bishopjack
    counterpointministries.com

Re: Displaying other pages within a page

No problem - there are a few ways to have this result. You can make a template with all that you want to show on every page- and then design the others from it. You can make that template in a php include to make it even easier for you: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...ge-bv-php.html

You could use an iframe (I don't recommend this method).

The site you exampled is using a template - and the other items are added to each page. Same as you can build. It's all up to you :)
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

I think you misunderstood the question or I don't understand your reply. I want to create a window (or whatever you call it) within my home page so that when a person viewing the site links to another page, the page displays within my home page without using i-links. That way I don't need to use use the template page with the header images, etc. for every page, because it would not be necessary to navigate away from the home page. Do I make sense? Forgive me, but I'm old and a bit wordy. Thanks

Comment

P.S. Maybe what I want to do is not the right thing to do. Could you take a quick look at what I hae up so far and tell me what you think? (The site is not ready for general public viewing yet as I have work to do on the blog and the contact form, etc.) www.counterpointministries.org

Comment

First, your menu links navigate away from your site. Each linked page appears in its own window. Change this setting in your menu properties so that each new page stays within your site.

Second, I think I understand what you mean. You want each new page to appear below your main header, with your header remaining constant.

Not only that but you want to do it in such a way that the header is not included in the BVP file, in other words you want the Blue Voda design page to be done without the header?

If that is so, my question is - why don't you want the header in each page design?

On your index page, the entire header plus any images, text etc can be selected by drawing an "imaginary" square around them all, then it is a simple matter of copying them and pasting them into your new page. It's a three-second task.

Comment

I did understand you - but that is not quite what the site you showed is doing. I gave you ways to do what you want to do. I suggested the php method- because you could put the entire template into it - then just change the interior of the other pages as you built them.

And no matter HOW you do it- they are navigating away from the home page - they are on the site you used as a navigation.
            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

That is still not what I want to do....I want a window within the main page that will display other pages when click on the links to the other pages without ever leaving the home page. I found the script for a thing called "Thick Box" and am going to try it. It says it works for anything, html, images, etc. That way, I can write the other pages with info only or as the way I have them, delete header images and dispaly the pages within the home page withut navigating away it. Have you heard of this? I found it after my last post.

Comment

I also postedd another post regarding my AFMP contact form.. It simply doesn't work...See the section on forms, if you think you can help me determine where I went wrong. The page is www.counterpointministries.org/contact.html I placed the form url within an i-link and tried it within the page and also linked to the from itself without results. Thanks for responding. You are very kind.

Comment

It's basically doing an iframe - and will not be good for you as far as the se's. You still have to MAKE all the pages - as they ARE different pages, whether you are calling them up to display inside the home page, or you are naming them where people can go to them.

The site you gave above has all different pages, they are not just changing text on the home page. If you mean they are not OPENING other pages - that's how your site should work also. The only reason you are opening other pages is that's what you've told the pages to do. (You have to have clicked blank in properties - if you leave that field empty or select self - the same page will change.)

I don't answer form questions - would probably lead you the wrong direction on that - and that one you'll probably get better responses on the other post :)
                  Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

The example you gave is not doing what you think it is doing.

Every page has its own header, exactly the same as the previous page, in exactly the same place.

Look at my lose-inches site. Does that do the sort of thing that you want? If so, it is important to understand that every page has its own header. The visual effect is that the header stays where it is and only the content changes. That is because the header on each page is exactly the same, in exactly the same position.

If you want your site to do the same as the kingschurch site, this is the way to do it.

Comment

Working...
                    X