Image Upload with Attached Form In Soho Cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image Upload with Attached Form In Soho Cart

I have been working on this for a couple of days and kind find anything to answer my question in any of the posts, so hopefully someone can help.

I am creating a site with soho to sell photo jewelry and other personalized and photo gifts. I have created custom forms to collect personalization data and other product details that I have attached to the individual products. With many of my products, I need my customers to be able to upload a picture (to be used in creating the personalized item) using the upload file field on the form. When I have placed dummy orders and completed the check out process, I see the name of the file I attached along with the other form info, but can't find the picture itself. Can anyone help? If it won't work this way, any suggestions on what the best way to allow my customers to submit these pictures attached to their order is?

Also, as a second problem, when I place these dummy orders I am not receiving the emailed invoice to the email address I entered in the customer information. I do get the "New Website Purchase" email to the account I am using as the seller. The email account I used as the purchaser is receiving emails fine from other sources and the customer invoices are not in my junk mail.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide some answers and help.

Re: Image Upload with Attached Form In Soho Cart

Im not sure, but that you have to create some kind of ftp account, to get that uploaded to a folder on your account. Check with Naval on this, but im positive thats where it has to go.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for your reply. What's the best way to ask Naval to reply to my post?

Comment

Id go to his website and use his form and contact him straight and maybe link him here..

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi Kristin,
          i am by no means a Soho expert but i can suppose how you could do this. However, i need some info:
          1. Is the custom form for uploading the pics built with Soho?
          2. Please peovide a link to this page
          3. If it is built someother way, you should probably change the processing script.
          4. Since Soho supports custom code, a simple solution (but i first need a link to the form to see what is being sent with it) would be to create a non-Soho form that you can then embed in your page using the custom html. The form, ideally, can be processed by a script capable of uploading pics, like ABVFP.
          I can't help you with the second issue, as i don't know how SOHO treats incoming orders. I see tha there is a "Print final Order" page, so i suppose that the user has the possibilty to print (and, of course, Save) this page before exiting.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Ok, i have spent some time on it. Soho form processing script can NOT upload an image. Though it has lots of features, this one is missing. So the other way is, i believe, the only way to go. <instal ABVFP, Create a BV form, set it up with ABVFP, and place it in your Soho page using the custom html tool. As code to insert, you need to use the form code: view the source code of the form and save it as (i.e.) my_form.html. Upload it in soho. Paste it in your Soho html box. Please note that while testing the standalone form, the form has to be setup in ABVFP with its own URL (or ABVFP will deny processing it). Once you embedd it in Soho, you should change the form URL to be that of the Soho page.

Another, maybe simpler solution, could be this one: since you have a fixed width template, re-create in BlueVoda this template and build your form. Link it from and to your Soho pages through the menu links. In this page, build your form as you want it and process it with ABVFP
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

The soho web builder does have an Upload File function, which when I drop the form on a regular page works fine and sends the picture to my designated email address along with all of the other form information (although I haven't been able to see if the picture is actually stored somewhere besides being attached to the email). However when I attach this same form to a product in the shopping cart, I can see the name of the "uploaded" file on the invoice, but can't find the file (if any) and there are no attachments on the automated order invoice that gets sent to my seller email account.

Any ideas?

Also, any suggestions on why a copy of the order invoice isn't being sent to my "customer" email. In the Business Info area of the Shopping Cart it says an email should automatically be sent to the customer and allows you to enter a standard customized message to these emails. I have just left the default message, but can't see any evidence that this email was sent.

Again, thanks for your help. I really appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Comment

As far as the email, have you set up an autoresponder in your main mail account for this? You need to do that to give the store a means to generate the mail.

If soho uploads the picture, I would assume it goes where the other uploaded or custom inc files upload to in the sohoadmin folder.. but.. I cant tell you which folder without going to look.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by Kristin View Post
                  The soho web builder does have an Upload File function, which when I drop the form on a regular page works fine and sends the picture to my designated email address along with all of the other form information (although I haven't been able to see if the picture is actually stored somewhere besides being attached to the email). However when I attach this same form to a product in the shopping cart, I can see the name of the "uploaded" file on the invoice, but can't find the file (if any) and there are no attachments on the automated order invoice that gets sent to my seller email account.
                  Now, i am by no means a Soho expert, but I have thorougly looked the script that processes the form info. It is pgm-form_submit.php . In this script, i did not see any code that could ever upload a picture or email it to you. And i believe I have enough experience in php coding to make this statement. Probably, normal forms are processed by another script which does have this ability.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                  X