keywords..necessary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keywords..necessary?

I have just noticed that although I seem to place on the first page and number one on many of most se ( according to the search terms shown on another stat counter and awe stats) my keywords were erased and I show nothing on the VB web builder. Are keywords necessary? There is no description either, the one that show on se results are grabbed by them off site. just wondering? I still only get 2000+ or minus 100-500 unique visits monthly but know I need many more and wonder if I should add keywords for all pages or not, would that help or hinder the hits?
    Choco777
    www.mayatabasco.com

Re: keywords..necessary?

I went for a year or more with no keywords on one of my stores - just to prove that I didn't need them. So, no, I don't find them necessary. They MIGHT help with a couple of the little, bitty se's out there- so it doesn't hurt to have them, though.

The description I would get back in there - as often that's what the se will use when they display your site on a search. If there is nothing there, they will pick and choose from your pages (which they can do anyway) - but this way you give yourself an opportunity to possibly have the description for each page that you choose.

And do NOT let your titles disappear - that would hurt you :)
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks Beth! Ohhhhh the hours I spent doing those keywords, if only I had known.
      Choco777
      www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

It is debateable whether keywords as part of the site content are necessary, but I don't think there is any doubt that page titles, and - perhaps url addresses - are very important for se's, and with that in mind, it's important to do your keyword research so that your titles and urls can be targeted to their optimum level.

Comment

Working...
        X