Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Radio button during First submission....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio button during First submission....

Hi, I'm entirely satisfied with ABVFP so far. I installed it and configured it without major problem. I have a question though, regarding the first submission test.
    The Word tutorial in ABVFP zip says I should check all boxes and fill out ALL fields. Indeed, when testing my new form, i was able to fill out all fields and check all the boxes, EXCEPT for the radio buttons. ONLY 1 button would let itself be checked out of 5 total. How about the other 4??? I am afraid to submit my trial form because i don't want to have to delete the table in mysql database if some fields are not recognized and start all over again. Am i worrying needlessly or should I check "SELECTED" in the properties of ALL the 5 radio buttons by default while in BV before i publish my page and test the form? Hope my explanations are not too confusing... Thanks in advance.

Herman

Re: Radio button during First submission....

radio button groups should only allow for 1 to be selected at a time. When one is selected, the other 4 are suppose to be blank.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Since Radio buttons are groups and not independent, you would only need to check one for each group. However, since today, ABVFP has been (silently) updated, now it is no more necessary to make the first submission with all fields filled in (or checked). If ABVFP finds a field (or fields) that does not have a relevant column in the database, it will automatically create the necessary column(s). So, even if you change your form adding fields in the future, ABVFP will take care of the new fields creating respective columns in the database.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Wow, always excelling in what you do and making things easier for the rest of us, newbies! Genius! Thanks for "silently" updating ABVFP

I have another question and I don't want to "spam" the forum with my incessant questions So i'm gonna use this same thread....How do you specify the Max file size for your visitors' uploads in a form?
        Merci beaucoup.

Herman

Comment

Quite simple: when you are setting up each form, there is a field called "Max filesize". Set it to be the limit you want.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Naval, you rock!!! Outstanding customer service! By the way, I just want you to know that I will contact DBTechnosystems in a week or two to have a loggin script installed on my site. I already got the quotes from them, and what they propose to do is very satisfactory to me. it seems like we can do business together (especially when Naval is in the team

Merci encore,

Herman

Comment

Working...
            X