Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add On took over my main domain!

Hello,
    I am in desparate need of help! I have a business to run, and I've made a HUGE error!

My main business and url is www.ufindabiz.com

I just purchased a 2nd domain and made it an add on in my cpanel. www.reikiforhorses.ca

I published my reiki pages, and somehow it has taken over my main domain of www.ufindabiz.com!!!

1. I need to go back to my UFindABiz website! (I don't know where it is now!)
    2. I would like to have my reiki pages show on my reiki website. But that is not a major concern at this point!

Please can someone help me asap??? I am in a state of panic....

My client ID# is 17272, please advise if you need any further information to help me correct my MAJOR error.

Thank you.

**** Now that I have calmed down a bit, I see that it is my index page. When I type www.ufindabiz.com only, it comes up as my reiki page. But when I type in www.ufindabiz.com/index.php I see that it is okay.

1. How do I get my ufindabiz index page to come up when I type www.ufindabiz.com
    www.reikiforhorses.ca
    Balance Your Horse's Energy For Self-Healing
    www.lucynixon.ca
    Reiki For Pets and Their People
    www.ufindahorse.com
    Work In Progress

Re: Add On took over my main domain!

You published incorrectly.

First, go back and republish your original index page.

THEN, go to publish the addon - and after you click to publish, when the little screen comes up - change where it says
    public_html
    you need to change it to
    public_html/youraddonname
    putting the name of your addon domain there.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

That isn't going to work Beth. Her is index page is already published, that is her problem.

Moodymare:
      I suspect that your reikiforhorses index page is a html page, which would take precedence over your ubiz index.php page. Use file manager in control panel. Look for index.html in your public_html folder. If it is there, delete it. That should do the trick.

Then - as Beth says - when you publish your reikiforhorses index page, make sure you change the folder on the pop-up to public_html/reikiforhorses.

Comment

Thank you both so much. I went to my cpanel and deleted my index.html page (and all other reiki html pages).

My original ufindabiz index.php has no returned!

Question:
        1. Do I go to my cpanel first and do the add on?
        2. THEN publish my reiki site (making sure to include the public_html/reikiforhorses) in the pop up window?

I'm off to work now, but will attend to this asap.

At least I can work without worrying about www.ufindabiz.com

Thank you again.
        www.reikiforhorses.ca
        www.lucynixon.ca
        www.ufindahorse.com
        Work In Progress

Comment

I just checked again, and when I type in www.ufindabiz.com, I get this message:

Got error 28 from storage engine
          www.reikiforhorses.ca
          www.lucynixon.ca
          www.ufindahorse.com
          Work In Progress

Comment

Originally posted by MoodyMare View Post

Question:
            1. Do I go to my cpanel first and do the add on?
            2. THEN publish my reiki site (making sure to include the public_html/reikiforhorses) in the pop up window?
            Yes.

When creating the addon, it will automatically populate the username for you, usually this is the part of the domain after the www and before the.com, so in your case it should be reikiforhorses.

Then it will ask you for a password. It's up to you but I use the same as my main domain, this way there is less to change when you publish each page.
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by MoodyMare View Post
              I just checked again, and when I type in www.ufindabiz.com, I get this message:

Got error 28 from storage engine
              hmmm, what have you done? It was there a minute ago?
              Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Back to basics:
                Go into file manager, and enter the public_html folder. Is there a folder in there called reikiforhorses?

If it is not there then yes, do exactly as you have suggested in 1 & 2 of your own post.

If it is there, simply republish your site as in no 2. of your own post.

Comment

Update.....
                  My computer must have a mind of it's own. I just checked www.ufindabiz.com and it seems to be okay now. No longer getting the above error (although I had not changed anything since the error). Sometimes computers scare me!!!! LOL

Will update everyone on www.reikiforhorses.ca shortley.

Thanks for all the help. Even in the midst of panic, I have totally faith in the comments and suggestions I get from this board. I LOVE VODA HOST!
                  www.reikiforhorses.ca
                  www.lucynixon.ca
                  www.ufindahorse.com
                  Work In Progress

Comment

I hope this is not a dumb question. But why does it create a subdomain, when I am creating an add on domain.
                    Addon Domain Maintenance

Addon Domain Additions

Bind reloading on voda2 using rndc zone: [ufindabiz.com] The subdomain, reikiforhorses.ufindabiz.com has been added.

Created DNS entry for reikiforhorses.ca
                    Adding ownership on reikiforhorses.ca to the user xxxxxx reikiforhorses.ca was successfully parked on top of reikiforhorses.ufindabiz.com

reikiforhorses.ca has been setup. It can be accessed via the subdomain reikiforhorses.ufindabiz.com. FTP access has been granted with the user name reikiforhorses@ufindabiz.com and the password xxxxxx
                    www.reikiforhorses.ca
                    www.lucynixon.ca
                    www.ufindahorse.com
                    Work In Progress

Comment

Okay, I went back to Blue Voda and published each page. It said publish was successful. But when I type my url www.reikiforhorses.ca in, I only get one google search result showing my posts on VodaHost.

I have watched the tutorials about publishing, but am still at a loss for why my site is not published.

In my CPanel, I have public_html/reikiforhorses (the permisison is set to 755).
                      When I open it, all the files (pages) show permission of 644. Do I have to manually change the permissions of each page to 755?
                      www.reikiforhorses.ca
                      www.lucynixon.ca
                      www.ufindahorse.com
                      Work In Progress

Comment

My original response WAS correct, in that I told her to republish the original index page so that it would override the new one. The only thing I didn't do is make sure she had added the addon domain correctly - as I believed that was already done. And I didn't ask if the nameservers were correct - which I should have done.

OK - now you are saying that you published the add-on correctly. You added reikiforhorses.ca to your cpanel as an add-on domain, correct? You have the nameservers for this account pointing to VH, correct?

There is your problem - here is where your nameservers are pointing:

NS1-Hostname: dns1.name-services.com
                        NS1-Netaddress:
                        NS2-Hostname: dns3.name-services.com
                        NS2-Netaddress:
                        NS3-Hostname: dns5.name-services.com
                        NS3-Netaddress:
                        NS4-Hostname: dns2.name-services.com
                        NS4-Netaddress:
                        NS5-Hostname: dns4.name-services.com

You have to change those to point to the nameservers in your welcome letter - same ones tha ufindabiz points to.
                        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Bethers! Thanks for replying.
                          Silly question here....
                          On my original ufindabiz paper, I have ftp publishing details with 75.126.124.163
                          This is available in the Blue Voda drop down menu when publishing each page of reikiforhorses.

However, on my original ufindabiz paper, I have DNS 75.126.125.224
                          This is NOT available in the Blue Voda drop down menu when publishing each page for reikiforhorses.

I think it will be a simply fix, but I don't know how to get the correct DNS to be an option in the drop down menu through BV
                          www.reikiforhorses.ca
                          www.lucynixon.ca
                          www.ufindahorse.com
                          Work In Progress

Comment

YOu say the different IP's are BOTH on the ORIGINAL paper - that can't be - one or the other is - unless you have 2 accounts.

However, to get the latest ip's - simply redownload BV.

But nothing will work for reiki until you get the nameservers pointed correctly.
                            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                            SEO - The Basics

Comment

I purchased www.reikiforhorses.ca through VodaHost, so I will submit a support ticket and see if they can point it to the correct server.

Thanks
                              www.reikiforhorses.ca
                              www.lucynixon.ca
                              www.ufindahorse.com
                              Work In Progress

Comment

Working...
                              X