Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About to Publish, maybe/hopefully

Hi there folks,

I have put my pages together, in enough detail, that I want to take a stab at publishing. Are you folks available to assist, in the event that it does not go as swimmingly as we all would like???? Any thoughts???

Thanks.

Machinist
    machinist

Re: About to Publish, maybe/hopefully

WoW.....Aren't you the dramatic one.....OK.....I'll Play......May the force be with you!
    Keep us posted.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

A few quick questions:

Is there a way to set the site so that the individual filenames and file structure are not visible to the outside world?

Should my pages put together in BlueVoda include the domain name in the file name?

Is it the case that I will not really be able to try out the full site until I point my DNS info to VodaHost?

Machinist
      machinist

Comment

If you're seeing your file structure, you've most likely misnamed your first page, which must be named "index", all lower case and without the quotation marks. Let me clarify, you can name the page anything you want in Page Properties, but it needs to be saved as index.
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Originally posted by racefan20
          If you're seeing your file structure, you've most likely misnamed your first page, which must be named "index", all lower case and without the quotation marks. Let me clarify, you can name the page anything you want in Page Properties, but it needs to be saved as index.
          Using BlueVoda, I did name a page index.bvp, which is now index.html, but I took no special notice as to in what order I published my files. Is it important that the file named index be published first?

Machinist

machinist

Comment

On reflection, I may have been (likely was) logged onto c-panel, and that is why the file structure was showing. Having 8-10 browser windows open at a time can cause one to lose track.

machinist

Comment

Working...
            X