Combo**** required field doesn't trigger error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combo**** required field doesn't trigger error

Hi, I've set up a form that works fine but i don't know why the form will still be submitted successfully even when my combo**** (list) is a required field that I didn't fill out on purpose.
    In its properties (combobox), I made sure to write a name separated by underscore and followed by -RA (as mentioned in the ABVFP tut). Normally this field should be required and trigger an error message, but it is approved...Could someone tell me what i'm doing wrong?

here is my form adress : (please remove the parentheses) https://www.frenchtasticpeople(.)com...endform(.)html

Thanks in advance for your help guys,

Herman

Re: Combo**** required field doesn't trigger error

You are doing nothing wrong. Unfortunately, even if no selection is made, your browser passes over the text of the listbox that corresponds to the blank selection.

Solution:

1. Download (again.....) the ABVFP zip. Replace the file dbts_abvfp.php in your site with the one that now is in the zip.
    2. Go in your form. Double click the listbox, and for the "Please select" option, provide as value a blankspage. Don't leave the value field empty, give it a white space, so it will not pass to the script the text "Please select"

Save your form, publish, and refresh before testing.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
    X