Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Different browser location = different SE position / How come?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different browser location = different SE position / How come?

Hi folks!

I live in Spain and right now I am on page 2 of Google and 1 of Yahoo using my IE browser and my key search words "football fans forum" for the "web" (not Spain).

However, when I use a pc in my workplace (IE browser, "web") I drop far down in Google. When it is searched for in the UK (IE browser, "web") I am not in the first 10 pages!

Anybody know what could be happening here?

Thanks
    John
    www.clanfootball.com "connecting fans around the world"

Re: Different browser location = different SE position / How come?

Some of the different places will have different emphasis. For example, if you are in the UK, they will place a higher relevancy on .uk sites - which means the rest of us might completely drop out of that index.

There are different algorhythms for the different areas - so, no, what you see in one location, might be different for another. You won't see this much within a country- but will see it a lot in other countries.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks Beth!

So if I want to maximize my presence in, say, the UK and the USA, what are the basic things I need to do to optimize my site for those areas (given that the algorithms are different), and, how can I check my positioning for searches made from within these countries, from my base here in Spain?

Regards
      John
      www.clanfootball.com "connecting fans around the world"

Comment

There are services which allow you to select the country being checked - I don't have them saved to favorites - so would have to search - maybe someone else will pipe in before I have time to do that.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi John
          I have the same problem, a .com site hosted in the US but my target is clients from Uk. I have changed my geographical location in google is there any other way to improve or will I have to move to a UK host?

Comment

Working...
          X