Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing HTML Directory/File

Hello and Compliments of the Season!

I seem to have come to an impasse and I really need help!

Situation is that I have created a six page website and the final requirement is that I import a page of Link Files. I have the page ready, in a directory in HTML. It is not a Web Page! Jut a directory on the deskstop. If I import this, then a directory will be installed with links to the different websites each of which has different offerings, etc This is done by the Link Program I am using (Arelis).

Now, I have spent the best part of Christmas at the computer trying to do this and I seem to be tantalisingly close! Just not quite close enough. I do have a muzzy head though as a result!

If somone can offer me some much needed advice, or a course of action (better!) it is obviously going so save me many, many more hours banging my head against the wall! I did try contacting support but all I got was a surprising flip answer on the 'We don't knowanything about that sort of thing!line, but since it is Christmas, and I don't know too much about BlueVoda either, enough said!.

Anyway, I really do need somebodies help!

Many, Many Thanks,

Bill214

Re: Importing HTML Directory/File

I'm not sure if this will work or not because I've never tried it, but it's worth a shot. In BV, click Insert > Advanced > File Publisher.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

It looks to me like you just run the software and then upload the result to the server.

"Yes, of course. If you want to design your link pages in your favorite HTML editor, you can do so. Just tell ARELIS where to find your web page and then it creates link pages in the same design. All your link pages will perfectly fit the design of your web site.

If you want to upload your pages, you can use any FTP program or any HTML editor with upload functionality. ARELIS creates standard HTML pages so you can upload the link pages like your other web pages to your server."
      My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Hi Racefan20

That was it! I just needed the hint and you gave it to me. This website business has involved using six new programs and I can't keep all the details in my head.

I sure appreciate your very kind input and I hope you had a really good Christmas, I didn't, but the New Year is going to be much better, thanks to your input!

Regards and Thanks,

Bill Onslow

Comment

Working...
        X