This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security

I would like to create an admin page that contains sensitive information. I will password protect it. Is there a way to make it a secure transition from BV to where ever I download the page? I have done the ping tests before and it is alarming that the downloaded page stops at so many servers along the way before winding up on my computer.

Thanks in advance

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Re: Security

What is a secure transition ?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Well- I guess my question would be this; When requesting a page from BV to where ever I may be- what are the chances of it being seen by others, copied or otherwise intercepeted? For instance, when I put a credit card info on some sites they state that it is a secure connection (as evidenced by the little lock in the lower right side of the screen). I take from that- other normal page downloads are less secure.

As stated before- I wish to have an admin page that I of course will password protect. But while the page is traveling to me via the web- I would like to guard it's content. Am I over worried about this potential security leak or is there a way to be a little more secure.

Thanks again

Andy
      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Andy128 I believe I know what you are talking about. You need a 128 encryptic page and a ssl certification. Get the page encrypted. This is something I am not sure of. The part that I find confusing why does the page have to travel?

Comment

OK.....Click the link below to purchase a SSL encryption certificate and
          your problem will be solved. There is no other way. If you are taking credit
          card numbers, you need to have a SSL cert.

http://www.vodahostdomains.com/secure/

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks BV- I will look at that link for the encryption.

Pet121- If you were to do a ping test to- lets say Google. It will typically stop at several different locations and be forwarded to the computer from which you are working. At any of those points- there is the potential that the page or information can be copied. Additionally- there are ways to intercept the packets that contain the page you were requesting from anywhere along the path it travels to your computer. While this is unlikley- if you contain sensitive information on any of your webpages stored at BV- when you access it via the internet, the above is always a possibility.

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Andy I understand what you are saying about the page travelling. I assume this page you are concernned about will not be optimized for search engines doesn't have to be. The ssl certificate is a must.

Just for some posssible extra protection. If your page travels the only thing that will be viewed will be your source code. I have a program that codes your whole source code. For example if a real person does happen to view your source code. It would look something like this.

Page protected the first part of the page would be blank. If a person scrolls down all that will be shown is.

bds,bgasdhjhvah 'h ccumrum;lut;lucnuylgy8l;yv8guqrixd'ir4i hij IW'fh'w;rcy;h;h;hx;lh;lHnzhhhhocoyoyoyo

Just a bunch of jibberish but your page remains intacked. It could be a added sercurity feature. Afterall its the source code a would be scam artist go after. Just a bit of trivia. pet121

Comment

Working...
              X