Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

eek! please let me know what you think :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eek! please let me know what you think :-)

hi everyone,

i've recently published my first site and ... i'm scared! Is it ok? things seem to be working but some advice would be greatly appreciated, if anyone sees any mistakes or thinks it could be improved, please let me know!

Thank you !

www.fishingtripsafrica.com

Kate

Re: eek! please let me know what you think

Hi, nice clean looking site & certainly off to a good start. Couple of things that may need a small adjustment.
    Try a page width of about 730 on all pages to center them. If you bring the hook in? 700 will be ok.
    I think the hook/fish/rod look great, but would look better at full size or being reduced with image software.
    The text on the buttons is a little fuzzy.

But over all the site looks well & like the idea with the flys on the link page.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris!

Thank you for the advice, I will definitely try to fix the points you mentioned. I'm still learning but getting there slowly!

Cheers & beers

Kate

Comment

Hi Kate!

Chris' points are well made and always worth paying attention to.

That being said, I think it's very nice!

You've done good se work as well with your meta tags. A couple of things that might help you further:
        Your index title includes the word 'home' which doesn't really help - might consider leaving the dash and replacing 'home' with 'holiday tours and something or another' from your keywords. Same thing with other Titles - they are your first opportunuty to say what you are about.
        And you might want to consider a bit more text (content) that reinforces your keywords on the page. You don't want to use keywords that are not on the page somewhere.

Originally posted by skate View Post
        I'm still learning but getting there slowly!
        No, lol, you're getting there quickly!

Best of luck!
        Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

oh and btw, I like the page rollover that you use on some of your pages.
          I would use it on all pages forward and backwards to maintain continuity...
          Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Working...
          X