looking for different writing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for different writing

I am looking for a certain writing style, it looks like broken glass but in BlueVoda they don't have it. Is there any way I could find one somewhere then import that style in to my BlueVoda so I an keep using it if I need?
    www.perfectscents.ca

Re: looking for different writing

do you know the name? or can you show an example of the font. there are hundreds of sites that sell fonts. you can import them to your hard drive and use them with Blue Voda with the text import tool. you have to be careful as there are web friendly fonts, so the font you use may not be the font that your customers see. the only way to get the font that you want to be consistent for any viewers of your website is to make it an image. now the only problem with that is SE's don't like that. oh well, you have to choose:
    1. what you want or
    2. what is good for search engines.
    let us know if we can help more
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info
    here is an example where we wanted Jester and just made the image:
    www.tprspecialties.com
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Hi .. there are many places as well for free fonts ..

there are a few fonts on this page called shattered, it's a free font site, it may be what you are looking for ..

You just install the font via your control panel on your computer, all fonts installed on your computer will automatically show up inside your blue voda website builder ... but as Mr. Magoo says, you can only use web friendly fonts when inserting text on your blue voda page - due to the fact that fonts will change if the viewer does not have that particular font installed ..

And as Mr. Magoo also says you can create an image from your text using your favorite font and apply it to your blue voda page via the insert image tool, but images rendered in text should be limited to your header and maybe a bit more - reason, text is a vital part of your website and should be inserted on your page as text if you want to be found on this world wide web, there are plenty of topics regarding this on the forum under google and an seo guide in Bethers signature.

So you can satisfy both your visitors, yourself and the se's, you don't have to choose.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

i don't see how she will satisfy herself if she has to use a font that is web friendly and she wants something else. sometimes it is better to build a site that looks good and work through other means of internet marketing, such as newslettes, email campaigns, trade shows, viral marketing - need i go on. sometimes too much emphasis is put on a SEO produced site. that is not to say we should ignore the possibility to be found via search engines, but if your site is not pleasant looking, interesting and well laid out, search engines will not matter.
        mrmagoo144
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

If you use a font that is not web friendly there are problems to be had. Mainly the default font will be used for that persons computer. That, in turn, can cause text/shapes/images to be shown out of place and really ruin the look of the site.
          CarbonTerry
          Semper Fi
          Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
          Zone 5 Photo
          My USMC

Comment

Originally posted by mrmagoo144 View Post
            i don't see how she will satisfy herself if she has to use a font that is web friendly and she wants something else. sometimes it is better to build a site that looks good and work through other means of internet marketing, such as newslettes, email campaigns, trade shows, viral marketing - need i go on. sometimes too much emphasis is put on a SEO produced site. that is not to say we should ignore the possibility to be found via search engines, but if your site is not pleasant looking, interesting and well laid out, search engines will not matter.
            mrmagoo144
            www.videopostcards.info

Carbon Terry is right ..

Mr. Magoo, it is not recommended to satisfy only yourself when designing a webpage by using unfriendly fonts as text or as an entire page of text turned to images. Your website should be viewed as a book, you can do all the marketing and email campaigning you like, but the bottom line is, if the visitor arrives at your website and your website is a disaster of text misaligned caused by using unfriendly web fonts, then the visitor will be leaving anyway. Using all images on a webpage can also cause page opening delays, another reason for the visitor to leave and then perform a google search to find another website offering what they thought you might offer. Text is very important on your website and should not ever be recommended to anyone that it is not. It is disasterous to think otherwise. Images should be used to convey a message visually and text images should not be used for your page headings. (different than your visual header introductory to your site)

You can convert text to an image from within the blue voda website builder itself by right clicking on your line of text and choosing properties and then ticking create this text as a .gif - this is not recommended for your page headings or any text that is important. Having your website found on the world wide web is important and it's importance should not be downgraded by simply saying you are using other marketing methods. All of this needs consideration and should not be overlooked.

You can have a look at this page as an example of font uses .. three examples .. each example uses the same font and size, but the first in each example is text converted to a .gif image from within the website builder itself. You will notice the 2nd line of each example may not show the same font as I used because being inserted as text and if you do not have that same font, it will revert to a default font by the user and the font size will misalign, as you notice, has dropped down and is exactly what Carbon Terry is saying ..

There are ways to satisfy all when designing a website and all should be considered.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
            X