Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I import a whole site using BlueFTP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I import a whole site using BlueFTP?

I know that if I go to File > New Page > Existing HTML Page, I can basically import an existing web page into BlueVoda. My question is, can I use BlueFTP to import an entire site from the web?

A friend is asking me to do this for him so that I can update his site (the domain of which he is going to re-point to my VH domain name server) when needed.

I know he could just send me the HTML file for each page of his site, but I think I'd have to re-place all the images on each page for him AND re-publish each page individually. I'd like to shorten both of these processes as much as possible, but don't know if FTP technology can help. THANK YOU!!

Re: Can I import a whole site using BlueFTP?

I am 99% sure that you would have to import it page by page (I say 99% because I don't use BV, but I know that publishing has to be done 1 by 1, I would assume the import feature is 1 by 1 as well).

Anyway, if you are just going to replace images with a new image but the same size as the old it would be much quicker to just overwrite the old with the new. You could then just download the website from its current host and upload to vodahost (Using a FTP program).

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Re: Can I import a whole site using BlueFTP?

Originally posted by jimchicago View Post

A friend is asking me to do this for him so that I can update his site (the domain of which he is going to re-point to my VH domain name server) when needed.
      Hi Jim:

Just want to caution you about pointing your friends website to your VH name servers, voda hosting account - this is against the TOS of Voda Host and might get yourself suspended .. your friend will require his own voda hosting account ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
      X