Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New and need help to start

Hi

I've just installed BlueVoda and I can't wait to start working on my homepage. I have watched all the tutorials but I'm still in doubt on some things. When I finish making my index page shall I just save it as "index" or index.html? Then when I finish making the other pages shall I save them for example as "photos", "stories" etc? And do I have to make a folder where I save all the pages in that particular folder? And by the way how does preview works? I made a page but I couldn't review it.
    Thanks
    Mike

Re: New and need help to start

Hi Ova.. 1) Save pages into web builder as index, stories, photos, etc... 2) You can make a folder in your Web builder and place pages in it if you want some sort of organization 3) Just click on Preview... and the page will show in it's own new browser window...Have Fun... Doug

Comment

Hi dougnez, thanks.

When I finish all my pages, then I just have to upload (publish) them on the net every one individually?

Comment

Hi O.. That's how you do it... and they will be on the web... You might want to watch the Tutorial here at BV about publishing here... Have Fun... Doug

Comment

Hi
          Thanks again. One more thing though. I have webhotel some other place than vodahost and of course I have all the details (IP,username...) I need to publish. But I'm in doubt as to what I should write in "Folder". Shall I leave it as it is "public_html" or? And shall this stay the same with all the pages within my website?

Comment

Hi O... I'm not quite sure what you are talking about doing...Plan out how you want your website to look and work.. Then when you get it up on the web .. you can post it in a new thread... and ask specific questions .. as to how to and what's best... That way you can get new input from others here at the forum... Hope That Helps... Doug

Comment

I already have a website out online. I'm working on building a new one my self with bluevoda. But when the time comes that I will get the new up on the web, I want to be able to get it out correct. I cannot afford to cause a conflict with my excisting website if my effort to upload the new one won't work. It would be too late to ask for help then. I'm running business.

Comment

OK O.... I understand now...Blue Voda does not have a Sand Box i.e. Test Area... but one way to do this is to publish an index page.. like Under Construction... or Coming Soon... then create the index you want and it's linked pages... but title it different .. like test page...here is a thread on that very subject..responded to by Andy... he is very knowledgeable..
                See what you think...Hope That Helps... Doug

Comment

Hi

Mary Cavill here. This is the message I get when I log into my website:
                  health.marycavill.com. I have edited and uploaded a new set of pages, but it seems I haven't got the hang of it yet. Still missing something.
                  Can you help, and tell me what I am doing wrong.
                  I have attached the files, but I also think I sent you a couple of my Roses files. I am only addressing the Health files at present.
                  Index of /
                  Apache/2.2.6 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.6 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.health.marycavill.com Port 80 RegardsMary Cavill

Comment

I have finally open the cPanel. When can my website be doable in the internet? I have seen the tutorials for BlueVoda and Soholaunch but I am not sure if this is the correct direction.

cecil

Comment

Hi Mary... Hi Cecil... I recommend both of you open New Threads... Here at the forum... that way you will each get more input for your specific questions... Thanks Doug

Comment

Working...
                      X