How to add music???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to add music???

Hi, everybody!!!! I am a new here. Sorry, but I really tried to find unswer on the forum, but it didn't happend to me. I need to make a site for composer. I meen it is his music, but without downloading. Just to listen to samples online. I have pretty a lot of them. Can somebody pliiiz explain me how to do that in BV?
    Thanks a lot.

Re: How to add music???

i am still waiting for unswer. :( Pleeeeeease, I realy need it as fast as it possible. :(

Comment

I haven't tried this first hand but have experimented a bit.
      Two ways that come to mind immediately are to add the sound/tune to the background tab from the page properties or add a Windows Media Player element to your page. Always a good idea to include a way to control the volume or to turn off the sound.
      perb31
      "There is no place like this place so this must be the place", The Place Tavern - E Heideman

www.gilbertfuneralhomes.com

Comment

Originally posted by perb31 View Post
        I haven't tried this first hand but have experimented a bit.
        Two ways that come to mind immediately are to add the sound/tune to the background tab from the page properties or add a Windows Media Player element to your page. Always a good idea to include a way to control the volume or to turn off the sound.
        Sorry, but it doesn´t really work. The point is that I need to show people a lot of examples on 1 page. Smth like *click here to play*.

Comment

Originally posted by Icelandicghost View Post
          Sorry, but it doesn´t really work. The point is that I need to show people a lot of examples on 1 page. Smth like *click here to play*.

Then what you will want to do is create a page with links to all of the audio you want to play.

For every piece of audio, upload these to your public_html directory via the ftp method.

to use ftp - open your webbuilder, go to tools, choose ftp manager, choose connect on the top left, the username and password should be the same you use for publishing your pages - once you are logged onto your ftp manager, browse through your computer on the left side of your screen to find the file folder containing your audio files and slide each one over to the right side of your screen, into your public_html directory (you will need to click on that public_html folder and actually go inside of it first) - slide those files over into that folder and every file will then have a name ..

apply the links to the names of the audios you have uploaded ..

On your page, it would look like this

http://www.yourdomain.com/nameofmusic.mp3 or whatever the audio file is called with it's proper extension - it may be /nameofmusic.wma

If you also set the target as _blank for each link, each audio will open in a new page for the user and when they close it, your main page of links for all the audio will still be there for them to continue listening to all if they choose.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

email me at follownotrends******.com for help
            www.follownotrends.com

Comment

There are a few of these type of players about to make life easy. It will generate the code & you just have to cut & paste it in a html box on the front of your page.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi

How do I get only authorized users to download my uploaded ftp files e.g pdf or mp3?

i.e. How do I create passwords for authorized users to log in before downloading the files?

Thank you.

Comment

can you let me know when you get the answer ei8?

can you email me at follownotrends******.com

thank you
                  paul
                  www.follownotrends.com

Comment

go to the site below this message and click on the media button.
                    this is a music player that is made by wimpy. it's not free but resonably priced. i forget what it costs.
                    you can customize the skin.
                    it was a lot of work to get this customized skin, being something i hadn't done before.
                    but it's not that hard to do.
                    give it a try.

good luck,
                    charlie
                    journey462001
                    www.limitationsmusic.com

Comment

Working...
                    X