How to install Real time inventory feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to install Real time inventory feed

My wholeseller gave me a real time inventory feed in .xml format. How do I install that in my solo webpage so the inventory can be automatically updated.

Re: How to install Real time inventory feed

Without customization youd have to do it manually. First import the xml feed into excel then convert it to csv and then manually import the products to soho.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you karen,

How can I get customization? If I do it manually, I would have to still have to go through those steps everyday. I have lists that are already in CSV and I downloaded the list in data base manager. I don't know what good that did because I was hoping I could import the products using that method. I was wrong, I have no idea of how I'm going to load thousands of products and stay current with out of stock inventory without this inventory feed working. I know it can be done because their is a website offering this exact service with my wholeseller for 50 bucks a month and they also build you a website. I already invested 3 years worth of voda host webhosting and I intend on using vodahost so any further advice would be greatly apreciated.

Andrew

Comment

Andrew

You pretty much said it yourself. You pay $50 bucks a month for a ****py website, but its updated. Lets see 50x12=600, so I'm guessing if you could find someone it would cost at least that to customize it. Id be surprised if it was less. Go over to the addons site for soho and contact one of the developers there to see if they have an addon that will work for soho. I think.. Oscommerce has a module to do this, and most likely Zen Cart as well... perhaps a modification of those could be made to work with soho.. but im not sure. Thats not my area of expertise.

Soho is a great lil builder, but it does have its limits. Its come a long way since i started using it, and they make progress all the time with the updates etc.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X