Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• template

Okay

I think I am still missing something... I watched the tutorial and read the info on Wordpress, but still cannot get it to properly download the template to look exactly like it looks when I pull the sample template up?

What are some of the common causes and then rememdies you suggest to fix this?

Thanks

Re: template

What exactly is your issue???

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Many templates seem to loss components as if not all of it is coming along.... i.e, may get the banner, but maybe the buttons do not come in the download.

I have trouble with making connection b/host and client which could be affecting this. I know I could easily download piecemeal, one object at a time and build, but that is cumbersome.

Somehow, I think I need a better understanding starting at the beginning, even before where the tutorial begins. I have looked at my FTP tutorial as well, but it isn't helping. I went to their forum and it seems to point maybe to a firewall or router issue to resolve the FTP, but no luck there either.

I was wondering could certain hosting domains actually be locking me away and creating issues? Have you heard of these issues? Is there just too many factors that could be affecting this... separate FTP, separate host, etc.

Since I cannot get a website built, I cannot even switch web hosts since I am stuck. While I can use BV to build a website, I really would like something more off the shelf. I looked at some of BV templetes and liked them, but if I purchase one and cant download I am make to square one. So basically, I have been cycling through trying to solve one problem only to have another, so I am looking for the following solution,,,

An already blog or website that I can download and alter without little time on the technical stuff (I would rather spend my time on substance), but I just can find the right answer to do even that.

Comment

Originally posted by slick1121 View Post
        Many templates seem to loss components as if not all of it is coming along.... i.e, may get the banner, but maybe the buttons do not come in the download.
        I have trouble with making connection .
        That is the whole of your problem >> connection, and connection reliability, and nothing to do with the different providers. Generally, when downloading a template, you are afforded a certain window of opportunity (not number of downloads) so it is best to download at least twice and sometimes up to four times: the same Zipped folder, to different locations within your C: drive>My Documents in order to keep each separate. Downloading on copy to your Desktop also is helpful, as many times the Desktop is less encumbered with space limitations or corrupted files.

Broadband is just as bad as dialup sometimes, so if at ALL possible, try downloading zipped template folders on a friends cable connection .... at least onto your memory stick via their system (you can "receive" the download link by using Webmail on their system also)....just a suggestion!

Find Affordable Professional Template Customization Services Available at www.ProWebsUnlimited.com
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X