PDA

View Full Version : shopping cart inventory

km5tq
02-09-2008, 08:22 PM
I'm wonder what method/program that one uses if they decide on a shopping cart program such as Cart Manager or Mal's.
Seems that the ones that do offer inventory control are the ones that you have to use a template.

Just would like to know what others are using for their inventory and bookeeping methods. Want to make sure I get everything ready to take care of the business once I launch it.

Bethers
02-11-2008, 04:01 AM
There are various ways to do inventory control. Some shopping cart templates don't offer that - some do. CM does offer it with the full version. I don't use that part, so can't speak on it. Most stores that I know don't use the shopping cart to control inventory, however that is a feature that can be used on some carts and is not available on others.

You have to find the right cart for you - as we've talked about in other threads.

km5tq
02-11-2008, 04:23 AM
Yep, I think I've talked it to death..lol Still "Corfused" about it. I may be making a moutain out of a molehill.
I know that CM has the things I need, but right now, I'm trying to find a cheap way to go and then make the switch later to CM.
Thanks Beth for all your help!
You've been a sanity saver! Welllll...maybe not completly...<smile>

Bethers
02-12-2008, 12:52 AM
I don't suggest you want to switch later. So find something you want to use and stick with - cuz you will be rebuilding the entire site if you change the shopping cart down the road.

ellawease
07-16-2008, 08:27 AM
I am new at all of this.

When you speak of inventory control, are you referencing the "inventory data feed" from a dropshipper?

I am building my website via soholaunch and I definitely need inventory control for a lot of products.

Please advise.

Thanks so much!

Karen Mac
07-16-2008, 12:56 PM
No.. we are speaking of if you have 10 of one item and 6 of another, and somebody buys one of each.. making the cart now display that you have 9 and 5.

Karen