Using two monitors on one computer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using two monitors on one computer?

My two monitor setup seems to work perfectly, but I am not able to have two websites open at the same time, for example, a website and a weblog, or wiki.
    What am I missing, is it something simple?
    Ken

Re: Using two monitors on one computer?

This is where I got my info for setting up
    dual monitors

hope it helps

Comment

Originally posted by aussiebaz View Post
      This is where I got my info for setting up
      dual monitors

hope it helps
      There is no info there on loading and using two websites at the same time, on either one or two monitors.
      Ken

Comment

Just open up two browser windows ( ctrl + N for most browsers). What happens when you try to open two websites at the same time? I have never had a problem with using dual monitors with websites (only two graphical intense programs), but never browsers.

What exactly is happening when you try?

Register/Login Script
        Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Originally posted by Watdaflip View Post
          Just open up two browser windows ( ctrl + N for most browsers). What happens when you try to open two websites at the same time? I have never had a problem with using dual monitors with websites (only two graphical intense programs), but never browsers.
          What exactly is happening when you try?

The second browser always overwrites the first one, so that only one is open.
          Maybe my VistaHomePremium is weird.
          Ken

Comment

What browser are you using?

Register/Login Script
            Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

I am not sure but I thought you would need 2 graphics cards to
              run 2 monitors showing seperate sites?

Comment

No you don't.. All you have to do is open your Graphics Card control center and somewhere you will find settings to allow the screen to connect.

If you don't have any ports in your computer for an other screen then you need to buy a new card. You might also have a blue port for your main screen which is already connected and a white one. The white one looks funny and is more advanced, so maybe just find the conversion so that you can use your screen.
                Best regards,
                Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

If you have a graphics card with two outputs then you should just need the one card (at least this is the case with most).

Register/Login Script

Comment

Open one in IE and the other in FireFox. Works for me.
                    CarbonTerry
                    Semper Fi
                    Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                    Zone 5 Photo
                    My USMC

Comment

usually just have to change some settings either on graphics card or browser internet settings but best to do as CarbonTerry suggests as then you get to see how your website formats in the 2 different browsers
                      Arcade Ninja - Free Flash Arcade
                      FreeGadget4me.Com - Learn how to get free gadgets delivered direct to your door for free

Comment

prunes****er.. thats kinda spammy isnt it?

Just buy a new 22 or 24 inch flat screen monitor that can also double as hdtv and you no longer need two monitors..LOL

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                        02036089024 / United Kingdom
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I have the following graphic card and it allows connecting up to two displays:

Name NVIDIA GeForce 6200
                          Adapter Type GeForce 6200, NVIDIA compatible
                          Adapter Description NVIDIA GeForce 6200
                          Adapter RAM 256.00 MB (268,435,456 bytes)

The displays may function in different ways, configurable. I prefer the one that allows me to work separately on each display but also to pick and drag an open window on one display to the other display. It is most useful when working on a program on one and having the HELP instructions open on the other, just as one example. I have no problem in opening multiple windows with FireFox or Internet Explorer by repeat clicking on their desktop icon. Another issue may be in the browser setting of how it treats new links or pop-ups. It can open these in new tabs or new windows. If Tabs is not a feature in your browser then upgrade quickly. Working with tabs is sometimes preferable to working with multiple windows. You can jump from one to another and back.by clicking on the right tab.

Comment

I use a Matrox P series graphics card and this how a browser in each monitor works for me. Open IE, click "file" [top left] from the dropdown, choose "new", click "window" which opens a second browser, slide the top browser into your second monitor. You now have a browser in each monitor, independent from each other. This way you are able to surf 2 different websites. There may be some limitations depending on your graphics card.
                            slo

Comment

slo_byrne, works for me too. Either way, clicking on the browser icon or going File>New window. The new instance of the browser can than be dragged across to be displayed on the other monitor allowing one browser window on each. Also you can by a similar process open one instance of each browser, IE and FireFox resp., to be displayed one on each monitor. I used a Matrox dual head single card before and I know it works with that card as it does with my current NVIDIA.

Comment

Working...
                              X