Feedback Please!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback Please!!!

Could anyone please give me feedback on my site? Any advice, criticisms, etc. would be welcome!
    Thanks!

Re: Feedback Please!!!

wow, great site. hope you're around when i have kids one day (good advice for dad's too.) two things I saw:
    the horizontal menu...seems words are cut off ( the mommy____, breastfeeding____, let's go shopping____). Change the font size or stretch the menu slightly more.
    second on "health and safety" page under the vertical menu, the justification of each text paragraph (ie how parents can bridge societal changes...) seems to put long spaces between the words, especially noticeable on the underlined titles.
    I think you can fix it by changing font sizes, adding another sentence, or a few more words will sometimes even things out, or leaving un-justified won't look bad since you have the scroll bar dividing it from the rest of the page.
    lots of info, nice.

Comment

Nice site!

I think you should center your pages and set the width at 800 (or 1000 max). This way people don't have to scroll sideways.

Cheers,
      N Z B R
      t o u r s
      New Zealand Tours
      Excursiones en Nueva Zelanda
      Nova Zelandia Pacotes e Roteiros
      Nouvelle Zelande Voyage
      Neuseeland Reisen

Comment

WOW, jam packed with info.. shows you've done a lot of research which will keep new Mum's/Mums to be reading for a while. Definitely agree with nzbr, centre the page... you may have already picked up on the 15% off bubble being hard to read with pink on pink. Wondering why .... you have links at the top and the side? ... there are gaps of white in the front page? and, no link for BlueVoda???!!! Great work.
        www.madinmelbourne.com.au
        the ART of Making A Difference

Comment

great work it looks fantastic ... you hav certainly got your basics down ... something to consider is the width of your pages we normall stick to between 800 and 1000 wide. This is to avoid sideways scroll and I have a small amount of sideways scroll on my screen.

keep up the good work
          kym, merlin & tala
          creating white majick
          www.whiteshepherds.com.au
          www.unitedwhiteshepherds.com.au
          www.merlinsmajick.com
          www.kymdunbar.com

Comment

Hi

Looks lovely!
            Can see it's still under construction, but you put it together well :)
            And oh my gosh - I love that 3D pregnancy ticker (am sure that will be popular)

I noticed - the word 'boutique' in 'breastfeeding boutique' is cut off on homepage and obscured on its own page.

With the menus - I'm used to seeing the colour of the labels change (or the cursor changing to a 'hand' ) when you mouseover them - just helps me to know that it is something that I can click. Yours do not show any change. But that's just my own preference.

Comment

Hi weblikmom,

Looking good with loads of good work already in place, it's a tweak or two which is needed... See if you cant get the side links to line up and maybe utilize the open areas (left and right) about 3/4 way down the page to shorten the page length. Keep 'INFORMATION OVERLOAD' in mind when having pages which are so content and link rich, consider moving a couple of items onto their own pages.

Cheers,
              Andrew

sigpic

Port Elizabeth Web Design Solutions
              Latest Release: Eastern Cape Hunting Safaris
              Work In Progress Cape Town Dietician
              BlueVoda Web Design Portfolio

Comment

I love it..any way to get my pointer to change when i hover over your menu bars? similar to what it does when i hover over read more?

Nice work..and they say orgainc anything these days gets more clicks so look for stuff in that direction to increase sales..

nice Job
                john

Comment

very nice! First impression is lots of information here and very focused on mums. If i was a mum i would bookmark your site ^ ^
                  http://www.learnflashfromhome.com - Short Flash courses with online help - learn flash

Comment

Agreat Looking Site Just Needs A Little Tweaking Try To Center The Pages And Some Of The Pages Have To Much Space In Between I Would Try And Move The Tex Up So You Do Not Have That Much Space People Would See Space They Would Not Think Thats Thers More To Read Other Than That Well Done
                    sigpicJoe
                    Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
                    The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Great site! you have done alot of work, not including the info gathering. On the shopping page the footer bar is covering one of your adds. Looks as though you have already made some fixes. Keep up the good work.
                      Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

Thank you all for your advice and good wishes! I have made some of the changes suggested. However, can anyone tell me how to make my button color change when you hover over them? I used the advanced button design and can't seem to find a way to do this. (I did not use the menu bar because I did not find any that matched my color scheme exactly.) Is there some HTML code that I can add to these buttons to make the color change?

Thank you!

Erin

Comment

CORRECTION!!! I meant I did not use the navigation menu, not the menu bar!

Thanks!

Comment

Ok - I fixed the problem with the menu bar not changing color. Opinions???

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X