Shopping cart help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shopping cart help

OK so i understand just about everything about Soholaunch. I changed over from Bluevoda as this looks better.
    I have one major issue with the shopping cart.
    Here is what i need help with.
    Customers shops around and puts items in the shopping cart. When they go to check out the shipping cost inst there as i have it set up so i can add the shipping cost as the countries people will be ordering from are all different.
    I can not for the life of me figure out how to add the shipping cost and send the e-mail back to them. The shopping cart has the option but i have no control to but the price in there. When i go to the invoice area in the shopping cart i can see the invoice but i can not change it.
    One other thing is i am only useing Paypal. Is this a problem?
    Please give me a hand with this.
    Here is one more thing that baffles me is that i dont get an e-mail to my wedsite address or to the address im using as a customer to test.
    www.d-drivesportsenglish.com

Re: Shopping cart help

Well.. let me see if i can sort this.

1.Paypal isnt a problem. a.) you can set your shipping rates in paypal on a range or scale or per dollar amount.

2.) To set up various shipping methods, you will need to purchase an addon for soho for real time shipping, etc, even if you dont use this method it will allow for the various postage to be figured world wide.

3.) not sure HOW you think you set it up and I cant tell because there is no link to your site, so I can only guess. You cant change the invoice because this is set up to dynamically generated based on the information you have given it in the shopping cart manager for shipping, and from what your customer has placed in the cart.

4.) You have to set your email notifications up in the shopping cart and in the administration section, and you also have to configure matching email accounts in your main cpanel and an autoresponder.

Clear as mud!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Sorry about the lack of a link
      here is my site
      www.takotuning.com

Where can i purchase this add on so i can figure the shipping before the customer gets sent to Paypal for payment?

1.Paypal isnt a problem. a.) you can set your shipping rates in paypal on a range or scale or per dollar amount. I dont want to use this method as some small stuff will have cheaper shipping that large stuff but the price willl be higher for the small stuff. And i cant combine shipping with this way of thinking.

3.) not sure HOW you think you set it up and I cant tell because there is no link to your site, so I can only guess. You cant change the invoice because this is set up to dynamically generated based on the information you have given it in the shopping cart manager for shipping, and from what your customer has placed in the cart.
      My shopping cart is set up that any order outside of Japan or inside of Japan lets me figure the shipping manually,but i cant get the chance to figure the shipping for the customer. At any point during the shopinig checkout.

4.) You have to set your email notifications up in the shopping cart and in the administration section, and you also have to configure matching email accounts in your main cpanel and an autoresponder.
      I have all my cpanel e-mail account all over he site. Im using it everywhere. But i havent got any e-mail that lets me know when the customer orders and that i need to figure shipping for them.

I hope some one can help as i getting tired of trashing web sites as the shopping carts can not do what i need it to do.Whe they say that they can do it.

Thanks for clearing some things up but as you can see i didnt include a link so hopefully can can be completed soon before i wipe this site from my Vodahost again.

Comment

The addon site is here

The official source for add-on features (plugins and widgets) and templates for Soholaunch Pro Edition. Download freebies, purchase premium addons, or develop your own and add them to your site!

If you want to do manual shipping, you have to rebill them thru paypal for the additional shipping if you dont manage to have the store do it. You cant rebill thru the store so to speak, if thats what you are trying to do. Thats done from your merchant acct, or in your case.. paypal.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by Karen Mac View Post
          The addon site is here

The official source for add-on features (plugins and widgets) and templates for Soholaunch Pro Edition. Download freebies, purchase premium addons, or develop your own and add them to your site!

If you want to do manual shipping, you have to rebill them thru paypal for the additional shipping if you dont manage to have the store do it. You cant rebill thru the store so to speak, if thats what you are trying to do. Thats done from your merchant acct, or in your case.. paypal.

Karen
          I dont want to bill them at all,just let them basically make the shopping cart full and then apply for shipping. Then pay throught Paypal. Im guessing that this isnt normally done and is more work for me but the customer dosent get a blanket shipping charge that over charges them for shipping.
          Do you know if Zen cart can work like this? As it looks like soho isnt going to work for me. Thanks for the help and im sorry about all the questions but there doesnt seem to be anywhere to get straight answears about soho except for here. All of the videos are great but im way beyound them for my shopping cart. I have given up about everything like site design,colors and all that other silly stuff and I am just looking for a shopping cart that can do what i need.

Comment

No.. this is normally done just fine. You will just have to use either the fedex, ups or usps plugins to do it world wide, and the cart will bill them based on the weight etc. And even using the plugins, or even a different cart, you might have to blanket some charges like freight, or oversized packages. Welcome to internet business 101. You have to adjust for some things, unless you want to pay out the nose for it. I can introduce you to some carts that range around 3000 bucks that practically build themselves.

I dont use zen cart or oscommerce so i cant help you there. Go to those forums and find out.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi, just a quick question for Bakaguyjean.

Did you make your entire site with Soholaunch - it looks good.

Are you happy with Soholaunch and is it relatively easy to use. Would you change if you had the option.

I'm just trying to make up my mind which way to go.

Thanks,

Louis

Comment

Working...
              X