Restoring backup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoring backup

Hello. I a bit of a noob when it comes to all of this.

I am using the trial version of soholuanch (intending to buy once i get the website looking good). I 'backup'd' my site and downloaded to my HDD. It was saved as WINRAR archive file. I do not know how to now re-upload this to soholaunch to get it to work again and keep designing the website?? Can someone please tell me how to do this. I tried simply uploading the WinRAR file again, but it did not work. It uploaded my template but none of my pages, info etc.

There is only one page in the 'edit pages' section, which in the Menu Status is 'Off Menu', however the template i selected is present in the assigned template section... Sorry if that is confusing....

Help would greatly be appreciated!!

Regards,
    Dean

Re: Restoring backup

1) Are you a VodaHost customer? If yes..what is your domain?
    2) How are you using a trial version? We do not offer a trial version we only offer the professional version.
    3) why do you want to re-upload a back up? When the origanl is on the server?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Restoring backup

1.) you downloaded a demo, and the demo doesnt actually have a database or the back up features included. So what you zipped up wont work on the server no matter how u slice it. Thats why its a DEMO

2.)If you modified a template, you need to save that seperately and read and use the template manager and the help files and tutorials associated with it.

3.) What Herr General said above.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
      X