Excel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excel

Hi all, just wanted to know if it's possible to use Excel on a website?

Thanks

Re: Excel

Hi, its possible to show it as a web page on your site. (static) But not to use as an xl sheet. You can try a search for google docs. Thats an online xl freebie.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi, thanks for that. I check it out. I'm guessing that the page would publish, but would not update?

Comment

Great advice, Chris!! I love Google (even if they don't return the favor...LOL)

Comment

Originally posted by footballkicks View Post
          Hi, thanks for that. I check it out. I'm guessing that the page would publish, but would not update?

Hi, what you will have to do is! xl doc File>Save as web page. Then upload to your server. I have usually found for this type of thing an iframe works better. To show the xl file on your web page.
          If you do it this way, try a preview of the xl doc as a web page, as unless its a simple one it can look a bit odd sometimes.

Good luck.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Footballkicks, did you find a solution? I need to do the same thing. (something with functionality to allow customer to add items on the excel form, while updating price total.)

Comment

If you allow access to a functional xl sheet, (even if it's password protected), how are you going to keep that "authorized" person from changing data that's already on the xl sht?

Sounds like you just need to provide a data entry submit form. That will store the data into a database for that form. Then you would have to transfer that data to a table.

Someone, I'm sure could provide a script to do exactly what you want for $$$$! OR

Just practicing; I installed Excel into a web page, using the (OLE object) tool, (bottom left), on the tool bar. It is pretty simple tool to use. It allows you to select what doc application to use.

It is an "active application" when you double click it in BV; but then becomes a "static" item when previewing. I assume it would do the same when published.

Just a few more thoughts to ponder!
              Last edited by judavvforum; 02-12-2008, 12:41 AM. Reason: reformatting

Comment

Hi all, I haven't had a chance to try out the google docs yet. I had a quick practice using OLE and it seems great. I'll keep you all posted!

Thanks to everyone.

Comment

Working...
                X