File upload during check out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File upload during check out

OK, here is what I'm trying to do. I'm currently build my cart (mal's) and I'm trying to do the following.

When a customer is in the ordering process, They are making several selections and they will need to browse and upload a photo to me. It does not matter if the photo is uploaded to a folder on my Voda server or if it's emailed directly to me.

The issue I'm having is that I would like for the customer to NOT have to click an "upload" button. I would like for them to browse for their photo, finish making their selections and when they click an "add to cart" button. Have all their selection show up in the cart and also either upload the photo or email it to me.

I have it working now with the upload button but would prefer that the customer not have to take this action. I've seen this done on several websites and after reviewing their source code, I'm at a loss on how to accomplish this.

Sorry for the long post but any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Scott

Turn your Sentimental photos into Canvas Art!
    www.canvasappeal.com

Re: File upload during check out

Scott, I do not think that that is possible. Actually, I am pretty sure it is not possible as the image or file would need to be loaded, uploaded, and saved onto your server, or into the e-mail you receive. In order to have anything show on the Internet, it needs to be uploaded.

Unless you can create a system that would automatically upload it when the input box has been filled, then I believe your customer would need to click some sort of "Upload" button.

No expertise. Just an idea.

Thanks.
    Originally posted by SStephenson View Post
    OK, here is what I'm trying to do. I'm currently build my cart (mal's) and I'm trying to do the following.

When a customer is in the ordering process, They are making several selections and they will need to browse and upload a photo to me. It does not matter if the photo is uploaded to a folder on my Voda server or if it's emailed directly to me.

The issue I'm having is that I would like for the customer to NOT have to click an "upload" button. I would like for them to browse for their photo, finish making their selections and when they click an "add to cart" button. Have all their selection show up in the cart and also either upload the photo or email it to me.

I have it working now with the upload button but would prefer that the customer not have to take this action. I've seen this done on several websites and after reviewing their source code, I'm at a loss on how to accomplish this.

Sorry for the long post but any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
    X