Can someone take a look at...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone take a look at...

my daughter's site...http://www.nhdproject-evan.com, she is not pleased with the pics on her index page and wants them to run all the way across the page in the browser. She published herself this morning and made her pages 800 in width...she said the pics went all the way across the page in the browser when she had the page at 1300.

She has done this all by herself, she is 10, and is getting a little frustrated at this end stage...

I don't know how to do this, so your help is appreciated.

Also, if you will ensure that your answer is written so she can understand and implement what you have explained, I would appreciate it.

Thanks so much.

Re: Can someone take a look at...

Fantastic work....Evan-Nicole!!

You have done just great! Many of us couldn't put together a site that attractive!

It isn't usually done, but go ahead and increase the width until it looks OK to you and republish. It will just cause viewers to have to scroll sideways to see all of them.

Someone else may respond with better ideas, later.

Comment

If you want the page to be wide enough to display the pics in single file across the bottom; then you will have to have the scroll bar.

May I suggest that you keep the 800 width and just stack the photos (double row) across. Then they probably will fit on the 800 width

Comment

But the problem again is that they won't go all the way to the left...that's why I think the left aligning wording for my question probably makes more sense for you and others to understand what she needs.

I am just concerned that I am not articulating her problem well enough for you to understand what she needs. Perhaps what she wants isn't feasible, I don't know, but she does want the pictures to show across the entire part of the browser...no space on left or right.

Hope I am clear, again thanks so much for helping.

Comment

I just tried to simulate what you have going on there and it didn't produce the same results!

Some questions:
          What was the page width set at when the pics were placed on the page?
          Do you want the pics to overlay each other like they are now or be side by side?
          I'm going to try some more things to see if I can duplicate the result you have right now. Then maybe I can tell you how to fix the problem!

Comment

Hello

I have had a play around with your daughters images
            and the best solution I could think of was to make
            a banner that was the page width

I have made this banner, she will need to move it around
            till she gets it where she wants it,stretch it slightly if need be.

Hope this works ok

download here: http://www.uvzapit.com/africa.jpg

right click image and "save as"
            save to any folder

good luck
            aussiebaz

Comment

Dave and Aussiebaz,

Thank you so much for trying to rectify her problem. Aussie, I am going to have her try the banner tomorrow...she's already in the bed :~). I really hope this works. Thanks for taking your time to make the banner!

Dave, she corrected her pages to be 800 width and placed the pictures in the new parameters, at least this is what she told me...she also wanted the pics side by side but was trying to fit them into the 800 width, which is why she was playing around with sliding them in front and in back of each other, because on bluevoda the 800 width wouldn't support all the photos she wanted.

Thanks so much guys...I will let her read everything tomorrow...and then I will repost her results. I hope you will check the thread again...

Comment

OK...one more bit of (wisdom?)! If you set the page width to 1000. Center the other page content, leaving a space on each side = to 100. (Just make sure all the contents,(other than the photos), is inside the 800 width).

To do that; using the rectangle shape, transparent fill, enable border, set the border width to 2 or 3 and stretch it to 800, per the BV work window scale. Position it so that there is 100 on each side. (This gives you the reference as to where to position all the content.)

Now place your photos side by side, all the way across, starting at the left border and go just to the 1000 mark on the right side. If the photos are too large to fit exactly; you will have to crop them using a photo editing program.

This should work(?)! Before you do anything, tho'; load the page into BV and "Save As" (give it a new name). If this works out; you will "rename" the new page to the original page name,(after you have deleted the original, of course); and publish.

I know this sounds complicated, but print this post out for reference if you are going to try it!

You might try Aussiebaz's thing first; if it works for you....GREAT!

Comment

If you need a Phot resizing program
                  you can grab a free one here:
                  Free Photo Resizing Software - PhotoRazor. Easy to use, very high image quality, fast with realtime preview, tinting, file size & EXIF display.

Comment

Working...
                  X