Urgent help req'd for adding guestbook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help req'd for adding guestbook

Hi all, I desperately need some help please with adding guestbooks to my site. My site comprises many different pages, with some full page adverts for different clients, see www.fuerteventurabusinessdirectory.com/pit_stop.html and www.fuerteventurabusinessdirectory.com/axis_builders.html. I had uploaded a guestbook successfully for the 1st client, but now I have tried to add a second one, with different specs, and all I got was a copy of the original one, complete with comments.

I have now deleted the guestbook completely, gone thru the tutorial at least a gazillion times, and gone back thru this forum to pick up any tips, and still cannot get this right. I assume that what I need is a basic guestbook template uploaded first, before changing file names for every following client to enable their own data to be added.....or is it only possible to have one guestbook per site?

I would appreciate any advice, but please keep it simple and without puter jargon.

Thank you in advance

Clare
    www.fuerteventurabusinessdirectory.com

Urgent - Please Help

Please can someone help....I have been thru the guestbook tutorial over and over and read every thread on here.....even went to customer support, but they sent me back here.

2 questions:
    Can I create multiple guestbooks on my site and
    How? Coz something seems to be missing from the tutorial. I desperately need to know how exactly I need to change from the default text filename (./guestbookdb.php) and default PHP scriptname (guestbook.php). I am on the verge of losing money from customers if I cannot resolve this asap.

I did successfully create a guest book, but then I created a 2nd one, it came complete with all the comments from the original book.

Heeeeeeeeeeelp!!!

Thank you

Clare

Comment

Re: Urgent help req'd for adding guestbook

I've seen your sitess, yes it should be possible to use more than one guest book. The main thing is that the properties aren't set right. First of all: the script name must be totally different along with the page name where they will all be stored. To do this, double-click on the guest book, and then the advanced tab. Go to the fields 'Text file name' and 'script name'. Make sure that they are different between your two guestbooks. Note: The Text file name is actually a path. so thet problem could be that u are saving them both in the same folder. Manually type in your full adresses, eg

then (you can keep the script names the same as they they will be saved in the same folder as the actual responses), click on OK and you should find two completely different guestbooks.

Comment

Hi, I am having a terrible time with my guest book too but found that when I changed properities to 777 in two guest book places on the right side (when in Blue FTP) that it didn't show up on my site but when I only did it for the guest book folder then it did. I have no idea what I am doing either but this one thing worked. Now I am stuck in that nothing can be submitted on the guest book (warning, failure to open etc.) so if you get to this point and figure it out please let me know.
        senseisandy

Comment

Sorry, I meant to be replying to "wicked 1". My reply to your question doesn't make any sense.
          Senseisandy

Comment

Morning!
            I am having trouble, too, with adding a guestbook to my site. The guestbook was loaded onto the site and I went in through FTP and changed the permissions to 777, but at what I get...

What have I done wrong?

Comment

Working...
            X