moving text from MS word

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving text from MS word

Is there a way to move blocks of text or a table from MS word to my BV page? When I open a text box and try and copy and paste it comes out distorted. Is there and easy way to do this?

Re: moving text from MS word

Hi,
    First select the block of text in Word. Then apply the Normal style to it. Now you can copy and paste it into a text box or table in BV.

To copy text from a table in Word. Do the same; first apply the normal style. Then create a NEW table in BV, then copy and paste from the Word table; each cell individually.
    Bless you
    Tom

Comment

Tom,
      I don't know what "apply the normal style" means?! Sorry, rank beginer!

Comment

Okay, select the text or table (highlight it with your mouse). By default, Word should display 2 toolbars at the top (Office XP or lower) namely Standard toolbar and Formatting toolbar. The Formatting toolbar is the one that displayes the font and the font size. On this toolbar, the Styles are displayed just left of the font box. Open the Styles drop down, then scroll down and select Normal. Now you can copy and paste the selected text into BV.

PS. If you want to keep the Word document as the original, then save the Word doc with a different name so that you don't mess up that original.
        Bless you
        Tom

Comment

Actually, the best way to move from word would be to copy it to notepad, then copy it from notepad to BV. It WILL lose some of the "programming" you gave it in word. And you'll have to fix some things.

For example, in word you can change from centered text to left aligned text to justified text. If you try to copy all that to BV, each of those would need to be in different bv text boxes, as you can only have ONE text alignment per text box.

So, you might need to do it by sections - and I still recommend going to notepad first, to get rid of coding that you aren't going to want to have in BV.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Good advice by Bethers.
            But using the Normal style in MS Word will also do exactly what she described about the coding. As long as you don't modify your normal style. I use this all the time when copying to websites and other programs.
            Bless you
            Tom

Comment

Working...
            X