No announcement yet.

Forum shut down, SQL error please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum shut down, SQL error please help.

Hello Everyone,

I just don't know what happened to my forum, but i was trying to access it when i came across with this message below:
    General Error

"SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) [2002]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists."

Several of my users emailed me about it, and since i did not do anything to cause it, i don't where to look for an error. Anyone can tell me what this message means and how I can access my forum again? the address is www(.)frenchtasticpeople(.)com/phpbb3 (please remove the parentheses).

Thanks so much for your help

Herman

Re: Forum shut down, SQL error please help.

Not shore but i have just been on a phpbb2 forum which is having trouble conecting to it's database. and when i checked there databases they had diappeared. might be a glitch would advise putting a support ticket just to see if there is a problem on your server. 74.86,118.19 was the server the forum i was trying to look at. check your databases in cpanel first before contacting them.

Comment

I just submitted an support ticket. Also, i went into my cpanel as you recommended and while trying to access the Mysql Admin board, i couldn't and i got this message,

#2002 - The server is not responding (or the local MySQL server's socket is not correctly configured)...I haven't touched anything, or any script, things were working fine before just 7 hours ago...wonder what may have gone wrong...thanks Alien.

Comment

what server are you on it seems that thier may be a server problem and vh will be aware of this. should not worry i had this sort of thing happen last year. all worked out fine

Comment

i believe your back on line. nice to see your using phpbb3

Comment

Happy Birthday, my favorite Off-Worlder!
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Yep, i'm back online. Thanks VH.

herman

Comment

Working...
              X