Support folks sent me back here for help? Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support folks sent me back here for help? Please

Can any one please help me at least tell me if I'm asking wrong. Support ticket folks said I need to come back here they can't help.

Here is my dilema.

I built my first webpage named it "webpage design #2" that's what shows up in my c-panel in root public folder. I published it and my domain name www.mlmnightmare.com points to my webpage OK.

But here is my problem.

I named it wrong I want that webpage to say "mlmnightmare"

The second page I built says "coffeehouseletter"

I want to be able to link text on my main website page to my second page the "coffeehouseletter"

Everything I think should read as follows.

www.mlmnightmare.com

www.mlmnightmare.com/coffeehouseletter

Once this is accomplished I understand how to link pages together.

I'm just not getting this naming pages down. Please don't suggest I watch the videos I've done it over 20 times now. I've spent hours on the forum searching for answers. call me dumb I don't care. I'm just not getting it and I'm so frustrated I'm about to cancel my service.

Could somebody please respond and type in EXACTLY the name pages in the correct format for me to make this happen. Or chat with me and walk me through it on the phone. Anything. Please.

One other question. Once this is done someone could just type in the www.mlmnightmare.com/coffeehouseletter and that page would show up on the internet correct?

Thank you so much

Re: Support folks sent me back here for help? Please

go into your cpanel then into public_html
    find the page file for coffeehouseletter
    click on the name coffeehouseletter and it
    should display the exact url to that page,
    (possibly on right hand side of page.)

This url is the exact one you need to use to link your theletter to,
    simply highlite the url then copy and paste it into
    your page (make "theletter" a link using that url)
    this should then work
    aussiebaz

Comment

your link should probably look like this
      www.mlmnightmare.com/coffeehouseletter.html

Comment

your home page must be named and saved as index.
        your second page must be named and saved as coffeehouseletter
        the text inside your home/page is www.thisletter.com
        so the link from your www.thisletter.com should look like this:
        www.mlmnightmare.com/coffeehouseletter.html
        sometimes some one on one will help and i don't have any problem helping you if you still are frustrated. go to my website and my number is there. i have helped quite a few people in blue voda this way.
        hope this helps, and don't quit you will succeed.
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Hello,

This is the 3rd thread you've started on this topic and you've gotten some good advice on all 3. I don't mean to be harsh but you're just not getting it. If you've watched the tutorials 20 times I believe your problem must be in naming pages. And that is why I gave you the link to that tutorial yesterday.
          The formula for linking pages within your site is quite simple and as long as you are only making html pages, always the same.
          All pages must be named in lower case with no spaces. This means when you build a page this is what you save as. So you've got 'coffeehouseletter'. BV automatically adds .html unless you give it a different extension. Your link pathway to that page then becomes http://www.yoursitename.com/coffeehousenewsletter.html or http://www.yoursitename.com/otherpagename.html .
          When you link back to your home page you do not need to add index.html - It is just your site name: http://www.yoursite.com or whatever extension is in your domain name.

This should do it for you unless you are not saving your pages in a bv folder or some other error.
          Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Originally posted by paid2travel View Post
            One other question. Once this is done someone could just type in the www.mlmnightmare.com/coffeehouseletter and that page would show up on the internet correct?
            And. I meant to add: YES! to this question, providing there was an .html at the end of your page name (www.mimnightmare.com/coffeehouseletter.html)
            Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Working...
            X