Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Paypal Account for each Website if using PP cart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Paypal Account for each Website if using PP cart?

The freight set up in Paypal seems to be global. That is, it will be the same for any payments going to that particular Paypal account. Therefore I assume a new Paypal account is needed for each separate website? )I am using BV.)

I have a very simple requirement but which looks like it needs a full cart eg the ones recommended by the wonderful Bethers (met from SOL).

I have a single product which is $29.99 NZ plus $10 freight if sent within NZ, or $20 freight if anywhere overseas (I am in NZ). I tried using the Vodahost PP button but although PP allows for NZ$ the Vodahost button does not!

Thanks for any help. Have just signed up here after a long period of dithering!

Cheers,
    Muzz (zzzmuzz)
    Cheers,
    Muzz

Re: New Paypal Account for each Website if using PP cart?

Yes.....you need to select a new "Pro" account for each website, as they are set up according to email addresses, and are not "rooted" to a single bank account or credit card specifically.

It also means that if you want to create an account for a "cart" and need to use the PayPal gateway, you will pay for each separate gateway fees per account, something those who have a few different cart sites need to remember; the tradtional way of listing site URL's with a processor like Nova, for instance, who will process all funds to a single account and charge only one gateway fee (upon scrutiny of the sites you wish to include --- no guarantee there!).

Using BV to create sites is by far the simplest, as long as you set up your email aliases prior to setting up individual PayPal site accounts....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I read elsewhere that the PP terms of trade are for one commercial and one private site per person. See for example http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum22/5071.htm and DrBytes comment here:

Now I am confused!

Cheers,
      Muzz
      Cheers,
      Muzz

Comment

Muzz.. I believe they were chatting about the PRO Version which is a merchant account, not the freebie version to which you are referring.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

When I asked about adding my second site to pay pal under priemer accounts you can have up to seven website the only thing is if you have shipping the sites have to be calulated the same. If you have different shipping on each site you got to open another account for each.
          sigpicJoe
          Funny Jokes and Redneck Pics

www.anytime-figurines.com

"laughter is the best medicine"
          The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

Comment

Working...
          X