*Everyone Please Read*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Everyone Please Read*

Your internet rights and computer rights in general are at stake, please take a min and tap the banner to read about a new Bill the US Gov wants to get passed. We need to say NO to this before we all suffer down the road.

GD13,

Re: *Everyone Please Read*

I respectfully disagree. The idea behind this is solid and will eliminate much of the adware and spyware we currently have to deal with. It will not hurt the "little guy", because federal anti-trust laws won't allow this to turn into a conglomerate that rules the internet and related software. I'd feel better about it if it came up during a Democratic presidency, but I'm okay with it.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Originally posted by racefan20
      I respectfully disagree. The idea behind this is solid and will eliminate much of the adware and spyware we currently have to deal with. It will not hurt the "little guy", because federal anti-trust laws won't allow this to turn into a conglomerate that rules the internet and related software. I'd feel better about it if it came up during a Democratic presidency, but I'm okay with it.

Your overlooking the truth of the Bill, yes it'll help stop spyware etc etc, but what cost do we pay for it, like saying because people swear to much then lets put a voice box into them so they can only say whats approved, is that freedom?

This effects freeware, so say you make a program and want to share it with your friends, you'd need to get a certification in order for your program to work on anyones computer. The chip will make it so every piece of software and hardware is certified or won't work. This is not right, as a programmer of free software I feel this new Bill will take those rights away. Think about it, do you want your computer and software to be regulated?

GD13,

Comment

This will never happen. Anyone who truly know the internet will understand its a self governing body. Free software otherwise called open source a term developed by a colleque of mine will always be free.

The internet will always be unregulated. It would take all the World's countries cooperation to do otherwise. For spyware and adware it will never stop, open source program will never stop, Government regulating the internet will never happen.

Rules for the internet from Government there is some but are not legally enforcable without world cooperation. This would never happen.

In conclusion, entirely 100% impossible. pet121

Comment

Working...
        X