Banner Rotator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banner Rotator

I am attempting to put pics on my home page that will change. I clicked on the banner rotator button, and a box opened and I selected three pics- opened them. Then one of the pictures was on the page. I double clicked the picture and when the box came up I selected 4 seconds for pause time, and clicked OK. I went to preview in the browser and there was still just the one picture and it was not changing. What could I be doing wrong? Any help would be aprreciated!
    Thank you!
    Randalla

Re: Banner Rotator

When you double clicked the picture and selected 4 secs.; were all the image directory paths showing in the big window above the secs. window?

If not, you need to click "add" in that dialog box and find the next image, then Open it. Continue doing that until you have all the images you want.

Comment

Some things only work after publishing.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Beth,

I had never used the banner rotater tool; so, I tried a test page and it worked in review mode.

Comment

May I guess you are using FF? It works when I use FF, but not on my computer if I use IE. Since most use IE, I'm going to guess he's using IE. So, I guess the proper answer here is to download FF -which everyone should do anyway- to test pages in both.
          Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Just for everyone's info; I tried the rotator in both IE & FF. Both previewed correctly, (on my computer).
            Last edited by judavvforum; 02-16-2008, 07:41 AM. Reason: removed extra word.

Comment

This one works in both my browsers as well, but like bethers says some things do not work in preview ..

usually there will be a security bar that will hit your page when you go to preview and you must go and allow this feature onto your computer at that time .. it's just your own compuers security functions ..

But yes, with the rotator, you must select each picture individually, as well it is recommended that you resize your pictures in advance of applying to the rotator so that all images will produce the desired results without distorting .. 400 x 300 is a pretty good size picture for use with the ad rotator keeping the pics to about 8 - 10 or so .. per application ..

Voda Host offers a free pix resizer ...

An an on line image optimizer is also available

It's handy to use both of these as you can get pretty good results with the combination of the two - first resizing your image dimension with the pix resizer and then taking your image to the on line optimizer to reduce it's digital size. Here you are given several options for clarity and kb reduction to choose from.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks everyone, I did have a security banner come up in preview, I couldn't hear an alert as I had the sound down, and did not notice it before. After I clicked on it and allowed the page to use active X, it worked!!! Thanks to all for your helpful suggestions!
                Randalla

Comment

I never allow active x on IE in preview - which is why it won't work. I'm sure it's safe with this program, but I had a problem with it in the past on others, so it's a no-no for me :) And I disabled it in such a fashion that I no longer get the pop-up - would have to go into configuration to change it back.

So, it's often settings on one's own computer - and most ie computers have that control set to not allow active x. If you don't disable it like me, you can click on it to make it work.

Sorry for the confusion.
                  Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                  X