Is This Some Secret SEO Trick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is This Some Secret SEO Trick?

I've noticed that some sites use a vertical line to separate their keywords and words in their title. (Example below). Is that some SEO trick or just a thing some html code generators do?

Any advantage (SEO wise), to using them and how do we produce them if it is an advantage?

<title>Promoting Tips | Internet Marketing Tips | Self Promotion Strategies</title>

Re: Is This Some Secret SEO Trick?

Just the latest fashion craze .. lol ..

no tricks, no direct added benefits ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

The character is known as a pipe. It's on your keyboard, usually with the backslash somewhere near the bottom left, hold down the shift key to produce the pipe character.

Comment

I've been using it for years. It looks nice and neat, divides things nicely - and serves my purposes well.

You can use the dash, or commas, or whatever works for you. But usually with commas, to be grammatically correct you have to add and somewhere, or or, etc - and I like to avoid any not necessary words. And I just like the pipe better than the dash in headlines.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks, LadyEye....I'm always on the look out for any little SEO advantage! Can't afford to buy traffic right now, so any little trick (Google friendly, that is), that helps; is welcome on my site! lol.

I found the "pipe" AJ; thanks! It is on the right side of my keyboard and looks like two short vertical lines instead of one long vertical! But when typed it is one long vertical line.

Thanks again folks....have a great day!

Sorry, Beth....was typing when you posted. I'm such a slow typist! Thanks.
          Last edited by judavvforum; 02-16-2008, 06:07 PM. Reason: added comment

Comment

The only thing it does is seperate between keywords.

Comment

Working...
            X