How do I test my Website?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I test my Website?

how do i test my web site including the shopping cart to make sure its working properly?

www.tomjelenvirtuals.com

I have asked V-host questions the people over on that side of the net seem too busy to answer

so i guess I need to ask thru the forum

thanks for your time tj

Re: how do i test my web site includung the shopping cart

Your site is published, I just looked at the pages, you can do the same thing. I clicked an add-to-cart button - it took me to paypal - seems to be working fine. YOu need to click on every add-to-cart button and make sure it adds the correct product, etc. Just don't follow through all the way to paying for them :)
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Re: How do I test my Website?

hello beth
      i tried to go to pay pal's 'sandbox' but it didn't work, Ill try later on again and paypal will stop you short of a purchase and tell the user that it cant send money to ones-self. I just didn't want to post a lot of stuff before testing what i had. I wanted some 'confidence' in the shopping cart and paperwork that follows' do i get an invoice or order ticket so i know whom to send my product ?
      The forms instructions on line are a bit mixed up also, but none of my business, I'm not a programmer and really not smart like some of the people that work this site
      other than that your the only person that has responded to my questions, makes me want to move the site to a friendlier place.
      I have to thank you for you response.
      you have a wonderful day
      tj

Comment

Yes TJ - you are correct .. you cannot check the sandbox yourself for the very reason you state ..

I do see a problem with your continue shopping button though, something appears to be set up wrong, it will not continue shopping. I am using IE6, usually not a problem.

I usually go to paypal directly to create my code and buttons for this ..

And usually get another to test by adding individual things to the cart and continue shopping, and like Bethers mentions doing everything besides making the actual purchase ..

But .. I think you do have problems with the continue shopping ..

When everything is working and someone makes a purchase, an automatic email will be sent to you from paypal with the purchase ..

You also set up the thank you for your order page - your visitors can be directed to this page through the paypal system when you create your buttons .. you just create a thank you page and publish it and here you can let your purchasers know when to expect the order and any other information you might want to confirm with them after purchase.

You will want to tick address is necessary for the purchaser to fill out when you create the buttons at paypal as well.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

TJ - as you only asked the one question and I had responded - there was no need for anyone else to respond until you let us know if it worked.

This wasn't like a site review thread where there would be reasons for lots of responses. And, as you see - after you responded - someone else did reply.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi to both of you, Bethers and Ladyeye, I don't know if this is the correct way to ask a question but it runs along the same lines as you have previously answered.

Having successfully published our site we have been told that they have made a purchase but it has not shown up and it seems as though even though we have un-ticked the sandbox it still defaults to it.

If you are able to give any feedback I would be extremely grateful.

Our website is: http://www.to-haveandtohold.com
            Last edited by deako4; 09-23-2008, 08:34 PM. Reason: No name was included at first.

Comment

Its still defaulted to the sand box

from your view source

<form target="PayPal" action="https://www.sandbox
              .paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
              I think you need to edit your button and make sure its not still to the sandbox, and then you need to republish. If that doesnt work. Delete the button and readd it

*Note.. make sure you SAVE then publish.. otherwise your changes may not take effect

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
              X