Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to get rid of that annoying pop-up thingie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to get rid of that annoying pop-up thingie?

sorry I don't really know what it's called...that little pop up that sometimes appears when the arrow scrolls over a photo...it's a little bar that holds the icons for print, email etc. This happens with some of my photos, specifically an area background, but doesn't pop up on other pics I've added. Hope this makes sense. It irritates me and I'd sure like to learn how to get rid of it!

Re: how to get rid of that annoying pop-up thingie?

Hi aa... Maybe you can post your website here at the forum so we can get a look at this little pop up thingy Doug

Comment

I'm afraid I can't publish yet...I'm still at the point of building one or two pages, so still need to sign up for an account and get my URL pointed here. Thanks anyway!

Comment

I would hazard a guess to say that's a photo program you have installed on your PC rather than a Bluevoda issue.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

It may be...my kids (resident techno wizards) seem to think it's an Internet Explorer issue or feature. I just can't figure out why it pops up on some images and not on others. Thanks for the input!

Comment

It sounds to me like a feature rather than an issue. Ever since I downloaded Real Player every video I watch comes up with a pop up 'download this video' feature. Some programs just have this built in. I wouldn't worry too much about it, it won't affect your site, that will only happen to people with the same feature as you.
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thank you...I will try not to be so **** about it :)

Comment

If you are talking about the little box that comes up like when you scroll over the button here to post a reply that says "Reply", that is just a title attribute.

Set the "title" for the image to whatever you want the text to read, or leave it blank if you don't want it to appear.

If you are talking about something else, i'm not sure with the info you provided. Perhaps take a screenshot of what you are talking about since you can't provide a link

Register/Login Script
                Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

This is called "Image toolbar" and appears when you mouseover an image. To disable it in your pages, paste the following code in the "Between Head " tag of your page HTML

<meta http-equiv="imagetoolbar" content="no">
                  <meta http-equiv="imagetoolbar" content="false">
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

wow.. I completely missed the "icons for print, email etc" part.. disregard what I said.

Naval has it covered

Register/Login Script
                    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thank you general! I learned something new!!!

Comment

Hey Naval... Thanks for the info... learn something everyday... Doug

Comment

oopps sorry Naval, I didn't mean to call you general even though you are one.

I have been looking through all the html tutorials, but can't seem to find the code for my page so I can paste in your solution as instructed. All I seem to get is a pop up to add html, but no page code. I'll keep looking and reading, but wonder if anyone can tell me how/where to find this.

Thanks!

Comment

Never mind, I think I just found it so will try the cut and paste...very confident I will be back for more help though!

Comment

Success! It was much easier than I made it, as I'm discovering most features in BlueVoda are...thanks everyone for your help!

Comment

Working...
                              X