Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text in a frame with sliders?

Hi everyone,
    Could anyone tell me how to add a text document in a frame with sliders for scrolling down and/or to the left/right?

I cannot find an option in any of the buttons in BlueVoda to do this.

Thankyou for any help anyone may be able to supply.

David (bjgjqgm)

Re: Text in a frame with sliders?

That would be an iframe - you should find the button in BV for iframes.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

You can find some scrollers on Dynamic Drive as well. Click here.
      Bless you
      Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers View Post
        That would be an iframe - you should find the button in BV for iframes.
        Hi, the Iframe or Inline frame does not seem to open word documents, only html pages. I need to be able to open word documents and display them in a box with sliders to scroll the content.

I could use a 'TextArea' button and copy the text into that, but then i have to format it in the shape and size of the border i'm using in my webpage.

I just wondered if Blue Voda had a quick and easy way of doing this, without the need for formatting it before i use a 'TextArea'.

Also, the scrollers on dynamicdrive require html understanding, and i am a little lost when it comes to this. I tend to use the wysiwyg editor for position and everything.

I would like to thank you all for your sugestions.

David (bjgjqgm)

Comment

You can hyperlink to open most things from within an iFrame.

Example of link http://www.yourowndomain.com/yourworddoc.doc

But first you must upload the word document to your server. You can do this via the file manager in the control panel or using BlueFTP (Tools >> FTP Manager).

It wil work, but I recommend you convert the word document to pdf. This way you will prevent users from modifying your document. Not everyone has MS Word installed on their computers and will thus not be able to open it.

PDF has two major benifits:
          1. As said above, users will not be able to edit it if you set the applicable security settings.
          2. Just about everybody should have a pdf reader by now. Users by opening the pdf document will see the document in precisely the same format as you have designed it. It will not be messed up as is the case many a times when fonts and styles differ on differnt computers.

Good luck.
          Bless you
          Tom

Comment

Thankyou everyone for your time. I can see now, how an iframe works, and that it needs a web address to operate on the files it is opening.

Once again, thankyou,

David (bjgjqgm)

Comment

Hi Jaja,

As an alternative that will work better, see my answer is this thread. Click here. It automatically creates the scrollbars for you.
              Bless you
              Tom

Comment

Working...
              X