Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gallery, and selecting multiple things at once.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gallery, and selecting multiple things at once.

I would be sooo grateful for any help on this... Currently I am spending WAY too much time on my gallery and I'm sure there has to be an easier way to do it. At the moment, I'm adding an image, link it to another page, and spending hours making sure everything is aligned and centered. When I want to add a new design, it takes me forever to readjust everything.

Is there another way to make a gallery (other than the lightbox or gallery- I can't get them to link to new pages or have text underneath each image) that is less time consuming? Is there such a thing as a gallery template (kinda like photoshop templates), maybe, where everything is already aligned and you just click to add an image? A layer maybe that has 'holes' in it that show up the image underneath?

My second question is about selecting multiple things at once in BlueVoda. I know if you click and then draw a marquee around everything you want to move, that can work, but sometimes there are images in the same area that I don't want to move. Is there any way to help with that?

Thank you sooooo much for any help.
    Emmy
    www.cherrylanememories.com

Re: Gallery, and selecting multiple things at once.

Way back when (before Lightbox and other gallery makers) there used to be software that would create both thumbnails and corresponding full size image pages. I just googled and came up with this. It may or may not do the trick for you. If not try googling further or perhaps someone else will know of a program that will work.

As far as selecting multiples within bv I haven't found a way. The control key doesn't work in this way and select all will highlight all elements on the page so if you're after images you'll get textboxes as well.

Hope this is some small help.....
    Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Hi, JAlbum.com is a good freebie & easy to use SAMPLE
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Selecting multiple items - hold down the SHIFT key while you select them.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ113 View Post
          Selecting multiple items - hold down the SHIFT key while you select them.
          Thanks, AJ! Obviously hadn't figured that out.
          Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Thank you so much, Chris and Sedona! I'm taking a look at that gallery now, and it's great! I was kind of hoping for a something that would be able to open it in a new page (so I can 'explain' each design / photo) but that type of gallery is really cute and appealing. I think I might go with it.

AJ113, it's quite possible that I'm hyperventilating I'm so grateful to have learned about that shift key thing. That seriously helps me out sooo much. Thank you!

You guys are legends. :)
            Emmy
            www.cherrylanememories.com

Comment

Hi, on the gallery, you can add links to a popup page if you want with extra info. If you click on (The Bird) in the above gallery to get the larger image, you will see a link under the image to another popup google map i was messing with. (Open the pop up window)

Good luck.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

You're both welcome. As far as I'm aware I never made a lady hyperventilate before so to have managed it with a simple forum post is quite some achievement in my book.

Comment

Working...
                X